SwiftKey Confirmed as Default Keyboard for Samsung's Galaxy S IV

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
swift-key-logo-graphic.jpg

A few days ago we reported a rumor that the predictive software keyboard SwiftKey would be included with the Samsung Galaxy S IV. It turns out that rumor was mostly correct. A special limited version of the SwiftKey keyboard is indeed included in the new SGS4. Here's a statement from SwiftKey’s co-founder and Chief Technology Officer Ben Medlock,

“We are excited to confirm that Samsung has chosen SwiftKey’s innovative keyboard technology to be at the heart of its flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S4. This is fantastic progress for our vision of bringing the best touchscreen typing experience to as many people as possible.”

From what we understand, it will still be worth it for many users to download the full version of SwiftKey from the Google Play Store despite the functionality being included in the device. Apparently the full online version includes a number of customization options that the default version on the SGS4 does not include. Regardless, it's nice to see the OEMs finally start to incorporate higher level third party software into their shipping products.

Thanks for the tip, Jeffrey!

Source: SlashGear

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I dunno about this one. I have far more luck with the AOSP android keyboard than I do with SwiftKey. Yes, I do use Swiftkey on my S3 and the AOSP one on my N7. Swiftkey has never recognized 'sexy' when I use the flow style of typing. Even when I type it in one letter at a time, it wants to autocorrect to sect. If I want to call my wife sexy, I should be able to. She was so confused when I called her a sect woman. It doesnt' recognize names very well. All keyboards I've used seems to take my name from the device and know it, but not Swiftkey. Swype has better recognition from that form of input but it too has its downsides which is why I'm using Swiftkey. I'd like to see the AOSP keyboard as an option on the phone, not Swiftkey as the only choice.

themuttt

Reaction score
flow still has a long way to go, but love swift key on my Xoom

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
good to see switfkey becoming a powerhouse of keyboards. maybe now i can stop explaining to people why me and my wife choose it over all other 3rd party keyboards.