Samsung Galaxy S4 Will Have Built-In SwiftKey Functionality

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
swiftkey-logo-transparent.png

This probably shouldn't come as too big of a surprise, because the previous generation of devices the SGS3 and SGS2 also had it, but the new SGS4 will include the predictive keyboard software SwiftKey built-in. Despite this not being too surprising, it's still welcome news for folks who use it. For many, using SwiftKey (or similar predictive gesturing) is the only way they prefer to type. It's great to see Samsung continues to include useful software with their flagship devices. The easier they make it to use, the more excellent word of mouth advertising they get from users enjoying their experience with the phone.

Sound off if you enjoy SwiftKey or something like it. Also, who out there likes to use Swype-like functionality?

Source: PhoneArena

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
After I just watched a review on CNN, I love the innovations if they work. they say it is an easy Iphone killer, even tho that term is getting old...

beckx020

Reaction score
swiftkey is awesome. their flow is ultimate. I've used swiftkey since the first beta I could get. It only gets better and better.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Agreed, been with them since beta. Prediction is much better, does make my messaging program run a bit slower at times but worth it.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Never used swiftkey, I don't think. How does it compare with Swype?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Swpye is not even in the same ballpark, especially with flow. You can swpye down to the spacebar and not have to pick up your finger between words. Also you can continuous type on the keyboard without pressing space and it will see what you are doing and type it out like normal.

Briankbl

Reaction score
Swpye is not even in the same ballpark, especially with flow. You can swpye down to the spacebar and not have to pick up your finger between words. Also you can continuous type on the keyboard without pressing space and it will see what you are doing and type it out like normal.

Ok, I'm all for being a fan and being excited for a product, but the beginning of your post just isn't accurate. Swype is leaps and bounds more accurate than Flow. The "flow through space" feature is pretty cool, but I'll take Swype's accuracy over Flow any day of the week. Now if you want to say that SwiftKey has the best predictive functionality of any keyboard, I'd agree with you in a heartbeat. Just please don't go misleading people. I am a SwiftKey VIP member, was in the Flow Beta from the beginning, and the claim that Swype isn't in the same ballpark is ridiculous.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2!

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Nice. I have had my s3 for about 6-7 months now and love it. Have had swiftkey installed on the phone since the day is got it. Love it. No keyboard lag and the prediction is incredible on it. Glad Samsung is going with swiftkey.

g_what

Reaction score
@dgstorm: didn't the S2 and S3 have Swype, not Swiftkey?