Keyboard Lag

OP
haproot

haproot

Reaction score
Just loaded up 4.0.3 Rootzboat and they keyboard lag seems completely gone. I couldn't get it to slow down. :)

OP
haproot

haproot

Reaction score
Droid life posted an article on this. The proposed fix is to go into settings>Language & Input>disable "Spelling correction" (first option at the top under "Language")

It seems to disable the service which underlines miss spelled words in red and allows you to change or add to dictionary.

- from the GNex

XanRules

Reaction score
But then you get no spelling correction.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
But then you get no spelling correction.

you still have auto correct though, spell correction was something new added to this keyboard, wasn't on the previous android keyboard to my knowledge. I shut off spell correction and it solved the lag immediately.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah auto correct still works, it's the thing where it underlines in red a word that isn't spelled correctly and lets you tap on it to choose a different word. I always use autocorrect as im typing anyways, I'll use this band aid for now.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll have to test SwiftKey X, heard good things. I like the stock keyboard though.

nbucko

Reaction score
Anyone have problems with SwiftKey crashing? I use gtalk a lot and sometimes ill be typing and all of a sudden he keyboard disappears and gtalk will close. At first I thought I was hitting the home key when trying to put in a space but I've started to notice it happens while I'm hitting letters.

OP
haproot

haproot

Reaction score
I had been using swiftkey before i updated to 4.0.3 but it never crashed on me.

- from the GNex

nbucko

Reaction score
I don't text near as much as I use gtalk but I'll keep an eye on this when using other apps as well. Maybe it's just a gtalk issue.