Super speed without rooting

CBLJazz

Reaction score
Super speed without rooting (proper use of task killers)

if you're a task killer hater or will be offended by thoughts that go against your principles...

STOP READING NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

These ideas are for mature individuals who are comfortable having intellectual discussions and mature disagreements.

My intent is not to offend anyone who has a rooted phone.

My intent is to provide non-rooters with an alternative to achieve more speed.

I went to the vzw store to get my wife's phone fixed and the tech took my stock phone and installed 2 task killers.

1. Auto task killer- he disabled all of the apps on ATK1 that she uses often (email, messaging, important widgets, LAUNCHER PRO, etc...)

2. Advanced task killer- those above apps still need the ability to be killed so the automatically enter ATK2

Now my phone is blazing fast without rooting.

Last edited:

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
People have mixed opinions of task killers. Whatever works for you, keeping in mind that messing with the OS's thread handling usually isnt a great idea.

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
just a warning your probably gonna get alot of negative comments on this thread cause the fact that you dot need a task killer on the phone cause the os itself is more proficient on its own with out a task killer but if your happy with it then use it but it may cause your phone to slow down after a while especially with the auto task killer app

i personally like the task killers i use advanced task manager

Last edited:

dkshaer

Reaction score
I'll be the first. Took my task killer off a few weeks ago. Have experienced no, none, zero, zilch, nada speed problems. The droid works fast and efficiently with no obvious loss of battery time. Ditch the task killers. My 2c

OP
CBLJazz

CBLJazz

Reaction score
I'll be the first. Took my task killer off a few weeks ago. Have experienced no, none, zero, zilch, nada speed problems. The droid works fast and efficiently with no obvious loss of battery time. Ditch the task killers. My 2c

I was like you until today.
i took off the task killer and my phone was fine.
the problem only arose after i did all that work to switch my wife from her bb tour and her ally was acting crazy.
I paid list price for this phone cause it's not our upgrade time and after two days her phone was a joke.

we were ready to throw it away and get her an incredible even though she loved the phone thursday because of the keyboard and android os.

I would have stayed a true believer in no-atk land if SHE didn't have that experience with her ally at list price- not cheap

Last edited:

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Don't know what you consider super fast... but i have to ask you... have you ever rooted??... and OC'ed??

OP
CBLJazz

CBLJazz

Reaction score
Don't know what you consider super fast... but i have to ask you... have you ever rooted??... and OC'ed??

For as many reasons as there are to root there are reasons to not.

I have never done it because i am not a 'risk taker'. at all.
That's my reason.

I wish it was in my nature but it's not and every reason i hear in the root affirmative ends with the risk disclaimer about "if you ever have to return your phone..."

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
But rooting is so fun! :p

I'm glad that it works well for you, certainly there are many different ways to be happy with a droid, it is an amazing device regardless of what you do with it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

That's my reason.

I wish it was in my nature but it's not and every reason i hear in the root affirmative ends with the risk disclaimer about "if you ever have to return your phone..."

So 'super fast' is only relative to what you've experienced... and that's all good Bro, but til you've OC'ed, preferrably rooted and OC'ing, then you really have no comparitive basis to know what super fast could actually be...
as for the 'if you ever have to return your phone' .... simply unroot back to stock...:)

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to

That's my reason.

So 'super fast' is only relative to what you've experienced... and that's all good Bro, but til you've OC'ed, preferrably rooted and OC'ing, then you really have no comparitive basis to know what super fast could actually be...
as for the 'if you ever have to return your phone' .... simply unroot back to stock...:)

I don't believe the op was claiming any comparisons with rooted droids... simply stating his non rooted phone is faster than before. Amirite?

bbtkd

Reaction score

That's my reason.

...also....wait for 2.2....that should really wake your phone up

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No... he was more claiming that the task killers were the difference makers... but I was merely pointing out that what he might consider 'super fast' without rooting he really doesn't have the comparitive basis to know for sure.
If he stated that his Droid got faster after having the task killers installed, then that's another story, but he clearly stated that his Droid was 'Super Fast' without rooting.... how would he know for certain what Super Fast really is??... that's my point...lmao:icon_eek:

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Why does he need a comparitive basis? If he says its flying for a stock droid, power to him... he even sez he doesn't wanna root

???

Reaction score
im rooted and over clocked to 1k and my phone still needs a task killing every now and then or everything lags... and heats up.

the biggest thing is the browser, if you use it alot like i do, muilt tabs open refreshing and switching between them, after a little while everything slows down and lags, closing every tab and its still lagging the phone, checking processes with astro will show over 50meg being used by the broswer with everything close. so a good task killing restores my phone to non laggy as hell. the over clock does kill the lag a bit, but the temp goes up fast, so oc is not the answer.

ive never seen any issues killing tasks. what issues are you guys seeing or worried about?