Found App for speeding-up Droid & saving battery!

samiusmc

Reaction score
Has anyone used an app called MinFreeManager? I downloaded it from the Market yesterday. It's free but only works on rooted phones. Its function is to improve the task management and task killing feature of the Linux/Android OS thereby freeing-up more RAM. It also eliminates the need for a task killer app.

Since installing it, I've noticed a significant increase in the Droid's speed. What I've also noticed is an increase in my battery life. So far, I'm getting an extra 1.5 hours of battery life.

I highly recommend rooted users to give the app a try. Let me know what you think.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The Droid doesn't slow down due to lack of ram. Its CPU hogging apps that take their toll, and it takes quite a few at that.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i'm anti- task killers, but i'll give it a shot.. the promise of speed is intriguing

OP
samiusmc

samiusmc

Reaction score
i'm anti- task killers, but i'll give it a shot.. the promise of speed is intriguing

It's not a task killer. The Android OS has a built in task manager/killer that shuts down apps to free up memory when needed. MinFreeManager simply runs the Android management system more efficiently.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I downloaded it and tried it - failed. I am running Bugless Beast 7.7 at 1.2 Ghz with JIT enabled. I think the problem may be the JIT enabled. I think it changes the way ram is managed by the OS.

I can't imagine any free program could make this droid faster. My lowest setcpu benchmark is a blistering 141. Stock droid is in the 500-600 range (think - that was a long time ago).

kristoff125

Reaction score
Just got it, fails, I have BB 7.7 and can't seem to get wifi to work for me, though I did use the droidrootpro 1.1ghz clock setting, and the wifi fix isn't fixing it =(.

deputc26

Reaction score
Just got it, fails, I have BB 7.7 and can't seem to get wifi to work for me, though I did use the droidrootpro 1.1ghz clock setting, and the wifi fix isn't fixing it =(.

I'm running BB 8.7 @ 950mhz, works great. Good find OP. For those on BB 7.7... look out, JIT is not stable.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I couldn't get wifi tethering to work for my until I went to this page: Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code and downloaded the "pre4" file (second from the top). When I looked up the page, I now see there is an even newer version that referenced the Droid. I'm going to download and install it. I'll test it tomorrow.