Found App for speeding-up Droid & saving battery!

brock

Reaction score
i just installed this, went to presets, set them, then hit apply and im getting a "failed" msg.

hollowbox

Reaction score
I only see mild or aggressive presets. Really does this help? I'm taking baby steps away from my task killer and this is my methadone.....I just cannot make myself believe that all those open applications are not slowing my phone down.

Nedaroth

Reaction score
Holy crap !!!!!!! is this for real:icon_ banana:It supercharged my 800mhz:icon_eek::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

hacksaw

Reaction score
Nice find. It certainly seems to have sped things up. I'll play with it some more over the weekend.

Thanks!

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Not sure if this is a placebo affect, but it certainly seemed to make the phone faster.... Good find!

brock

Reaction score
i downloaded it an noticed it loaded my browser about 1.5 seconds sooner.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Still digging it... not really sure what I'm looking at when you open the app.. I just set it to aggressive mode and let it do its thing. But the phone def. feels snapier...

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...Interesting I'm definitely going to give this a try. Thanks for the heads up!

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Please do update us, I'm running this app right now and honestly I don't really notice too much of a difference. xScope does seem faster loading stuff up but...I dunno if it's fact lol.

EDIT: Ok after constantly making my browsers close and making mk droid reboot 4 times on aggressive mid and mild mode I decided to uninstall it. REALLY wanted it to work but just wasn't meant to be for my droid. ps does anyone know if installing will set my droid back to the way it was? I'm scared it changes files but doesn't change them back after uninstalling.
I found a very similar app, see thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/24575-auto-memory-manager-root-required.html

Seems eerily similar, I'm running this for a day or two to see how it works out.

Also, memory junkies see here too, another cool memory app:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ge-plus-peak-memory-usage-memory-utility.html

DroidxRage

Reaction score
I will, I was making alot of changes to my desktop yesterday, and after bringing the battery to <10%, the app didn't appear in the list of things using my battery.

Today I'll try to get a little better idea as well, although it may take a few days to get a really good impression.

Not sure about after you remove it though. The app I linked to (not the OP) has a setting for "default" which is supposed to be the OEM setting, but I'm unsure if it reverts back after uninstall. One would hope, but I wouldn't just assume, and I'm not really sure how you'd test it either. :-/

justinc101011

Reaction score
personally i think this is amazing. everything is so much faster now. like handcent used to take a second or two to go into my messaging thread and now its instant. same with BW used to take 2 seconds to load up the choppyish animations and now it is literally .2 sec lol
thanks op!
PS im running smoked glass rom at stock 550

fredm74

Reaction score
Amazing, I am very impressed. My apps are opening up with a quickness. Dolphin Browser works 5 times better now. It actually works. :)

Mars

Reaction score
yes this seems to work for me..but only time will tell i guess..on top of that i am oced at 1ghz but i am seeing a slight improvement after the installation of this. also a slight battery improvement as well..looks like this appears to manage the memory and resources a lot better thus improving the speed good stuff