Sudden Battery and Connectivity Issues (Droid 1)

Agrajag

Reaction score
Things have been going nicely here with my original Droid while I wait for the latest batch of phones to come out (currently leaning towards a Bionic).

Anyway, a little bit ago I noticed, out of nowhere, that late at night (and that's the weird part) the phone will suddenly stop connecting via 3G or WiFi. Sometimes it can connect but it's like something is sucking up ALL the bandwidth like a torrent on a PC. Then I notice the battery life has gone from 90% to 10%. Lately I've noticed the phone can't make it through the night. I can go to bed with it fully charged (after rebooting and dealing with the explained issue) and by morning the phone is next to me on the night stand dead.

The only thing that comes to mind is that I installed this horrible Restaurant game (where you serve people food mindlessly) and then uninstalled it. It seems to have happened around that time but I can't say for sure.

I am rooted and have a NANDROID backup from like mid-December if need be assuming that would fix the issue.

Any ideas on what the cause could be?

OP
A

Agrajag

Reaction score
Nope. The battery's been great. Plus if it was just the battery that wouldn't account (I think) for the sudden connectivity issues.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OP
A

Agrajag

Reaction score
Cyanogen ROM. 6.1 (didn't upgrade to .2 yet) and been that way for some time.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The first thing I would do is to look at the battery usage. Is there an app that is now using a lot of battery power? If the answer isn't found there, the I would do one of the two following (doesn't matter which in my opinion):

1. Reinstall the rom without wiping anything.
2. Restore your Mid December backup.

OP
A

Agrajag

Reaction score
The last time I looked the battery said 61% display which is total crap as the display was off nearly that entire session since the last full charge.