Moto Droid: Dead Battery Warning is Wrong

DroidGurl

Reaction score
A number of times I have been using my phone and suddenly the red LED indicates minimal battery charge left. It has mystified me as I don't run my battery down very low and charge it every night, I don't usually come close to wearing it out.

I finally realized it was going from maybe 60-70% charged to 5% in a sudden drop. Removing the battery and replacing it would show the 60-70% charge again.

This morning I got up and the phone was in the charging media dock but the red light was on, showing no battery life. ??? I removed the phone from the dock, put it back on again, checked all the connections to make sure it was actually plugged in and the indicator went to 100% charged. ???

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I wonder if I need to shut the phone off every once in a while, I don't usually unless a problem like this comes up. But it's very weird and has impacted my ability to use the phone at times.

Thanks!

droidkillingsworth

Reaction score
This happend to me today so i just plugged it back in, you can just reboot it. I don't know why this happens. I contacted verizon and they said a lot of users have reported this malfunction and they asked me if i would like to speak with a motorola tech agent. I didn't talk to one but i will if this happends again.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Very common. But only occasional for most users. The silver lining is that it's far better for the phone to tell you incorrectly that you're nearly out of power than the converse.

OP
DroidGurl

DroidGurl

Reaction score
Well yes, that would suck...but it does ACT like it's out of battery power and shuts down. So it's a battery with a charge but you lose functionality (until you find a way to get it to realize there actually is battery power). That sucks too.

equake

Reaction score
I've had this happen multiple times. I rebooted the phone and all is well.

Any insight would be great.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
With the extended battery you can get that message after only 3-4 hour, although it'll last 40+. I use the app Battery Left. With the OEM battery it's pretty good, and I use the mV display for the extended. I know that if it's around 4180-4200mV it's full and it'll be running out below 3500mV.

ThirdWave

Reaction score
With the extended battery you can get that message after only 3-4 hour, although it'll last 40+. I use the app Battery Left. With the OEM battery it's pretty good, and I use the mV display for the extended. I know that if it's around 4180-4200mV it's full and it'll be running out below 3500mV.

I have tried a few of the battery meters/widgets and they didn't show anything different from what was being erroneously reported..