Phone suddenly has bad connectivity(Galaxy S6 Edge+)

godzealots

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
Hi all. My phone was fine today, in fact working perfectly, but suddenly it has bad connections. I was sitting in the waiting room in the hospital and tried to make a call. It said "not connected to network" even though I had full bars.

Now tonight, the phone either can't call, or it takes a very long time after I dial to start ringing, and sometimes I can't hear the person. Text takes a long time to receive. My internet no longer says LTE but it only says 4G and it doesn't work. The phone also starts to get very hot, which never used to happen. I didn't drop it or anything.

Things I've tried to fix it:

Wipe cache
Factory Reset
Set APN

Sometimes when I cold reboot my phone, I will get LTE for a few minutes before it becomes plain 4G and the internet no longer works. WIFI still works like normal, however. The phone also drains battery like mad.

Any ideas? Since I did a factory reset and the problem is persisting, I suspect hardware issue. Just wondering if anyone can guess what's going on? Thanks.

By the way, my wife who has a S7 Edge is on LTE and can make calls just fine so it's just my phone =/

Last edited:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hi ...have you tried to remove SIM card and wait a bit then insert back ...

7+

OP
G

godzealots

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
Hi, I just tried it, it didn't work. Still the reception issues (bars are OK, but no LTE and it only says 4G. Internet doesn't work and phone calls take a long time to connect.)

Also, the bottom right side of the phone is getting very hot and battery drains fast. I am afraid it's going to blow up lol.

OP
G

godzealots

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
So I got a S7 and it's working fine now. I wonder what happened to my S6. Is there such a thing as a broken antenna or something? It's weird... full bars, no internet. And it gets stuck on 4G. Even if I set it to 2G/3G only or 2G only.