Stuck in boot loader... HELP! :(

collinjm01

Reaction score
Here's the jist of what i did... I had UD 3.0.0 with SPRecovery and i wanted the newest Cynagen Watermark'd so i downloaded ROM Manager and Titanium Backup. Then i flashed to ClockworkRecovery with Rom Manager. Then i attemped to use rom man. to install Cyanagen that i put on my sd card. I went thru the steps on ROM man. and it rebooted but nothing changed. So i renamed it Update.zip and redid it...Still stayed the same, so i rebooted into recovery and tryed it manually, Cleared cache, and wiped data, then went to install, it said it was installing and it took around 10 seconds then said complete...i thought nothing of it and i rebooted....now im stuck, all i see is the UD 3.0.0 Bootloader saying "DroidDoes" and then the blue Droideye, then back to "DroidDoes"...etc. Oh and ROM Manager didnt make a backup...so idk what to do!? Im kinda freaking out :((((

droidchickohnoes

Reaction score
Here's the jist of what i did... I had UD 3.0.0 with SPRecovery and i wanted the newest Cynagen Watermark'd so i downloaded ROM Manager and Titanium Backup. Then i flashed to ClockworkRecovery with Rom Manager. Then i attemped to use rom man. to install Cyanagen that i put on my sd card. I went thru the steps on ROM man. and it rebooted but nothing changed. So i renamed it Update.zip and redid it...Still stayed the same, so i rebooted into recovery and tryed it manually, Cleared cache, and wiped data, then went to install, it said it was installing and it took around 10 seconds then said complete...i thought nothing of it and i rebooted....now im stuck, all i see is the UD 3.0.0 Bootloader saying "DroidDoes" and then the blue Droideye, then back to "DroidDoes"...etc. Oh and ROM Manager didnt make a backup...so idk what to do!? Im kinda freaking out :((((

Can you boot into recovery? And you have no restore points in your nandroid folder? I guess if you have no restore points, and you cannot get the phone to work, then you have to remove the sdcard, put it in your computer, then perhaps put UD6 stock update.zip on and install that from recovery.. At the very least you will have your phone back :D

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Remember that Clockwork and SPRecovery don't use each others nandroid backups. Sounds like you can put SPRecovery back on and then just install the last backup that you made.

If your phone will not boot up then get SPRecovery back on it using RSD Lite (3rd link in my signature)

And then try try again:) good luck.

Always back up before flashing any rom, theme, or kernel. It takes minutes and saves hours of grief.

OP
collinjm01

collinjm01

Reaction score
Thanks!

Thats exactly what i was thinking, i just wanted a second opinion. Okay, so i can get back to recovery and its clockwork, but i need SPRecovery to put UD back on, cuz i did try putting the original UD that i had back on but i got an error message. So i need to put SPRecovery back on? I forgot how i did that originally....SO I go into Recovery and press "UP" and the "Camera" button at the same time... and just do what i originally did like im Rooting my phone? Oh and i used Titanium Backup to back it all up, but im guessing thats gone, since i Wiped Data/cache?

Last edited:
OP
collinjm01

collinjm01

Reaction score
So i have to put stock 2.0.1 to get back to my original UD 3.0 (2.2)? My phone came stock 2.1, will that make a difference? ( Can i use my oringal SBF File from when i did the root to 2.2?)

OP
collinjm01

collinjm01

Reaction score
Oh wait so going back stock (2.0.1) is like Unrooting my phone? Then i have to Re-Root and what not...?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh wait so going back stock (2.0.1) is like Unrooting my phone? Then i have to Re-Root and what not...?

Yes, but if you do the steps like I said you will be rerooted and back on UD
3.0 within an hour. If you could boot into a recovery or boot the OS this would not be the way to go, but you might have no options left.

The reason you have to go back to 2.0.1 is that people have had issues flashing the SPR.sbf straight from 2.2

OP
collinjm01

collinjm01

Reaction score
Awesome! Thank you and i will Give it a shot! Ill let you know the outcome! :)

OP
collinjm01

collinjm01

Reaction score
one more thing... Should i be in Bootloader or Clockwork recovery to do the Flash 2.0.1?

EDIT: I did exactly what it said... i pressed up then turned on the phne, which puts me in bootloader then i pressed start and it goes to 100% but the phne never restarts and then RSD lite says FAiled

Last edited:
OP
collinjm01

collinjm01

Reaction score

Yes, but if you do the steps like I said you will be rerooted and back on UD
3.0 within an hour. If you could boot into a recovery or boot the OS this would not be the way to go, but you might have no options left.

The reason you have to go back to 2.0.1 is that people have had issues flashing the SPR.sbf straight from 2.2

I did 1, and 5 but it never flashes...idk what to do now. (i can get to Clockwork Recovery btw, so if theres anything i can do there)

kenbarnum

Reaction score
Hey...you might not have to do any of that work....
If you still have clockwork then you could try downloading any rom to your desktop then transfer to your sd card and install from sd card.

This "should" get you to a working rooted phone, then you can download rom manager again and flash SPRecovery from there.
When you've done that you should be able to see your backup in recovery mode.