Boot Loop on Bugless Beast, PLEASE HELP

jonkirschner

Reaction score
I went from DroidMod 1.0 and I downloaded Rom Manager Premium. I downloaded the latest version of Buggless Beast (the version with 2.1) and installed it all through Rom Manager. It all seemed to work fine. Rebooted it, went through the initial setup and worked fine on the first boot.

I re-installed My Backup Pro, and restored all of my application and their data (.apk + data). It said something along the lines of "Please reboot your system if you wish to see all your data". So I did, and then it went to boot loop. I powered up the phone, pressed "X", and tried to restore my old Nandroid backup, but all it has is the most recent one, even though I KNOW I have a Nandroid backup on my SD card.

Need help on how to get either a stable version of this ROM running, or how to restore my old Nandroid of DroidMod 1.0. Thanks in advance!

:)

Last edited:
OP
J

jonkirschner

Reaction score
Okay. So I managed to get back to my DroidMod 1.0 set up. Everything is running fine, and there are no problems. When I reboot it into recovery mode, the Clockwork thing pops up with all those options. I see:

- reboot system now
- apply sdcard:update.zip
- wipe data/factory reset
- wipe cashe partition
- install zip from sd card
- nandroid
- advanced

So what I have already done (from browsing another thread) is download the ESE81V1.zip and renamed it to "update.zip" and placed it on the root of the SD Card (replacing another "update.zip" in the process.. Now, what do I want to do?

- "Wipe Data/Factory Reset", then "apply sdcard:update.zip"?

Or something else? I backed up all my contact information and apps with My Backup Pro. Any help would be appreciated!

(This is not much a RESCUE SQUAD problem anymore, so I'm going to make a thread somewhere else on this forum with just the second post. But if anyone can help me, by all means, please do.)

Last edited:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes you should be able to wipe/reset and apply the update.zip. You can also (for future reference) do "install from sd card" and just choose the file instead of renaming it to update.zip.

Edit: I'll be curious to hear if you have problems again after doing this and restoring your MyBackup stuff again, especially if your MyBackup info was backed up on stock.

Okay. So I managed to get back to my DroidMod 1.0 set up. Everything is running fine, and there are no problems. When I reboot it into recovery mode, the Clockwork thing pops up with all those options. I see:

- reboot system now
- apply sdcard:update.zip
- wipe data/factory reset
- wipe cashe partition
- install zip from sd card
- nandroid
- advanced

So what I have already done (from browsing another thread) is download the ESE81V1.zip and renamed it to "update.zip" and placed it on the root of the SD Card (replacing another "update.zip" in the process.. Now, what do I want to do?

- "Wipe Data/Factory Reset", then "apply sdcard:update.zip"?

Or something else? I backed up all my contact information and apps with My Backup Pro. Any help would be appreciated!

(This is not much a RESCUE SQUAD problem anymore, so I'm going to make a thread somewhere else on this forum with just the second post. But if anyone can help me, by all means, please do.)

Last edited:
OP
J

jonkirschner

Reaction score
Yes you should be able to wipe/reset and apply the update.zip. You can also (for future reference) do "install from sd card" and just choose the file instead of renaming it to update.zip.

Edit: I'll be curious to hear if you have problems again after doing this and restoring your MyBackup stuff again, especially if your MyBackup info was backed up on stock.

So I did all of that, installed the ROM, and rebooted the system. Ran fine. Turned off the phone, turned it on (this is where it boot-looped last time) and it booted up perfectly.

THEN, I restored JUST my data (contacts/notes/texts/etc.). Played around with it for a bit, worked fine. Turned off my phone, turned it back on and Wham-O. Boot loop. So it turns out you were right, my friend. I backed up files from 2.0.1 (whatever DroidMod 1.0 runs off of) and ran it on 2.1, and it ****ed my **** up. Good call dude!