Stuck in Boot Loop! Please Help me fix it please.

OP
Mojo

Mojo

Reaction score
hmmmm.... Now I am even more confused. LOL. Since you made a point about the battery, I decided to try a different charger altogether. Because it has been on the charger all this time and it did not appear to be taking a charge. I plugged it in to another outlet with a different charger and it booted finally! But now I am stuck on the android "touch to begin" screen. I am going to leave it for a while to get enough charge on it to be able to try to reboot with out it being on a charger.

I'm still trying to figure out the little led next to the usb port on the phone. I plug in and it lights up. When you get a chance see if it does that with both chargers. Phone screen facing the ceiling, cord in the phone, little white light just to the left of the outlet. Mine is not doing it now but the batterylife widget I am using says I'm already at 100% charge.

It sounds like you managed to wipe the phone but should be able to do a nandroid restore once it charges some more. Keep us informed, good luck.

Before I switched chargers I did not notice the little light on in the charging port. When I switched chargers it did come on. Now it is on using either charger. The difference in the chargers is one is a Motorola wall charger. The other one is the one that came with the phone plug with usb cable. That is the one that worked to get it out of boot loop

jbg25

Reaction score
Okay.. so now I have the phone booted and it is charging. Still needs another 20 min of charge I am sure before I should take it off of the charger. But what is doing now... 1) it is constantly force closing "voice search" and it is not showing any type of signal at the top. it just has a "x" where the 3g signal is. So from this point what is the steps to get it stable?

Christim is right...

with all the restores you did you may have wiped your data.

This will be very easy to fix...

Let it charge for 20 mins on this new charger...then boot into recovery

wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

repeat...

restore nandroid from last night...system, boot and data only.

you should be good to go

OP
Mojo

Mojo

Reaction score
Okay success! I was able to restore a Nandroid back up... I have my signal and everything seems to be working. :icon_ banana: Thank you all for all of your help! I was really starting to freak! I knew as long as I could get into recovery I should be able to bring it back to life. But boy thats a scary feeling to think that I may have been S.O.L. Again thank you I will let you guys know if I see anything weird through out the day. I really think that the culprit causing the issue was the boot animation that I installed. So I would recommend that it be investigated.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Cheers!

At this rate we'll never get that brick wall built we wanted :)