stuck in boot loop.

dannyboydluxe

Reaction score
Here's what I did:

1. Rooted using the instructions on: Obtaining Root | Root Your Droid
  2. downloaded ROM Manager (free & paid) from market
  3. Launched ROM manager and installed ClockworkMod Recovery
  4. Downloaded and tried to install latest Cyanogen ROM
  5. Phone now stuck in boot loop where it show's DROID EYE then DROID TEXT, then just does that again.
I've taken out the battery, and rebooted but it still does it. I can get into Clockwork Recovery, but don't know what to do from there>>>

help would be sincerely appreciated.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You rooted and got the loader installed. Looks like something went wrong with the rom. You can get the bootloader (clockwork) to come up again.

The rom might be corrupted, download it again

You may have skipped a step in the install directions for the rom. I haven't installed that one but for the one I'm using I had to wipe cache and data.

What instructions are you following for the rom, do you have a link?

OP
dannyboydluxe

dannyboydluxe

Reaction score
You rooted and got the loader installed. Looks like something went wrong with the rom. You can get the bootloader (clockwork) to come up again.

You may have skipped a step in the install directions for the rom. I haven't installed that one but for the one I'm using I had to wipe cache and data.

I just downloaded and attempted to install the ROM directly from ROM Manager. What should I do before I try to do it again? should I restore from Nandroid?

romanrish

Reaction score
Simply wipe data/cache from the clovckwok menu and it should load right up. If you were coming from a 2.0.1 based rom it is a must. You shouldn't have to redownload, but if you don't know how to into recovery I will explain it further.

OP
dannyboydluxe

dannyboydluxe

Reaction score
Simply wipe data/cache from the clovckwok menu and it should load right up. If you were coming from a 2.0.1 based rom it is a must. You shouldn't have to redownload, but if you don't know how to into recovery I will explain it further.

wipe date and wipe cache are 2 separate options, should I do each one individually? I do have a Nandroid Image backed up.... would restoring that be a good idea?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I just downloaded and attempted to install the ROM directly from ROM Manager. What should I do before I try to do it again? should I restore from Nandroid?

I havent played with rom manager yet. Will it let you do a nandroid restore? If so you can try that to get back where you were. Clockwork won't do nandroid and sprecovery won't do all roms either.

brb, researching rom manager for a few minutes

OP
dannyboydluxe

dannyboydluxe

Reaction score
OK, i got the phone restored, whewww my first boot loop i felt violated.. the phone is Rooted, and I have purchased the ROM Manager... what should I do now to successfully get an awesome ROM on here? Thanks for your help so far!

CatsTide

Reaction score

wipe date and wipe cache are 2 separate options, should I do each one individually? I do have a Nandroid Image backed up.... would restoring that be a good idea?
yes it would...

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OK, i got the phone restored, whewww my first boot loop i felt violated.. the phone is Rooted, and I have purchased the ROM Manager... what should I do now to successfully get an awesome ROM on here? Thanks for your help so far!

I've seen a lot of troubles with this, but it doesn't mean it doesnt work for everyone. I prefer manual install directions so i know what is going on, but droidmod and rom manager has its place too...especially if it works for you.

I have been happy with SG 6.0 who's install directions are below. You can try Cyanogen again or try the steps listed below. There are other roms listed in the roms section of the forum here. All of them have folks who love them. You do need sprecovery installed to install SG 6.0.

Let us know what you decide and feel free to just keep using this thread until you have one installed.