Strange Blinking and Flashing

Es0ter1c

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My wife's non-rooted X, for some unknown reason has been acting up lately.

It does this odd visual glitch where the screen, or parts of it, like music apps will flash repeatedly in the notification bar and/or jump ahead or back songs in her playlist without any prompting. To our knowledge there has not been any damage to the phone. Also, this phone has never been rooted or manipulated in any way. It has the most recent gagtastic OTA and has run fine, all things considered, with this exception. It seems to be random/sporadic.

Rebooting the phone seems to have no affect on when it occurs, other than that it takes the phone X number of minutes to restart and get the player running. It also seems to be much more prevalent during music playback, both Pandora as well as AudioGalaxy cause the glitch. The screen also does the flickering thing on its own when a music player is not running, but not nearly as often...

Any ideas? Or am I just going to have to hope her soon-to-be Motorola refurb isn't a POS? :blink:

MonKENy

Reaction score
yeah if it was me, id def be taking it in to get swapped for a new one. No reason a stock brand new phone should be glitchy. Unless you mean hers is a refurb and then you are sol

OP
E

Es0ter1c

Reaction score
No it's a brand new phone. I'm just worried that they will replace it with a refurb.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk