Problems with music stopping while jogging

arondroid

Reaction score
I have a Droid X and jogging while listening to music has been extremely frustrating.

Often times if I start playing music, I can't even put the phone in my pocket without music stopping.
Sometimes I luck out and the music will play for awhile. Holding the phone in my hand instead of putting it in my pocket while running helps but that's not as convenient and even then I still have problems.
I have tried gently tapping the headphones plug and sometimes music still plays, so I am not sure if its related to the headphones.

When I do have problems, I simply have to press play again on the phone. I don't need to adjust the headphones, so it seems likes its related more to the settings. Also, the headphones seem to click in and they don't seem loose.

When I am not running it does work better.

I have tried Power Amp and the stock player.

I have had no other issues with the Droid.

Thanks

xan

Reaction score
sounds like the jack to me. does the music pause, or does the sound just cut out while the track still plays?
Can you replicate the issue by jiggling the headphone jack?

OP
A

arondroid

Reaction score
Yes, jiggling with the jack does cause the music to pause. It doesn't take much. Any tips or do I need to get a new phone?

xan

Reaction score
Sadly theres nothing you can really do to fix it, aside from becoming the newest contestant to play the wonderful game of "Verizon's Certified Warranty Replacement Roulette". - I sure hope your luck is way better than mine!

that or bluetooth headphones.