Removal of headphones and music stops control?

Teemo

Reaction score
Heya,

I have this lame issue that seems to be simply that the headphone jack is shorting out or otherwise sending a message to the phone that the headphones were removed. So then audio stops. If I hit play, it starts up fine, but several times a day gets annoying quick. I know some player apps have an a setting that disables/enables the music stopping on headphone removal, but they don't seem to effect this issue. Is there some setting in the OS that I'm missing? Feel like I've been up and down the settings, but not seeing it so far if so.

Tia

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Heya,

I have this lame issue that seems to be simply that the headphone jack is shorting out or otherwise sending a message to the phone that the headphones were removed. So then audio stops. If I hit play, it starts up fine, but several times a day gets annoying quick. I know some player apps have an a setting that disables/enables the music stopping on headphone removal, but they don't seem to effect this issue. Is there some setting in the OS that I'm missing? Feel like I've been up and down the settings, but not seeing it so far if so.

Tia
So, exactly what are you asking, or what is the exact problem?

1) Is the issue that the audio player quits playing when you unplug your headphones?

2) Is the problem that the audio app quits working while the earphones are plugged in, but like they were unplugged?

Please clarify so that you can get the correct help if available...:)

OP
T

Teemo

Reaction score
Definitely would like to go with option 1 for 500 bob!

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Definitely would like to go with option 1 for 500 bob!
Thats what I assume as well, but the 2nd part with "looking for a setting in the OS" makes me question further...and actually ask for clarification.

So, having got the clarification...my first guess would be that the actual phone audio out port is having a hardware issue. I assume you have tried other headphones as well to rule them out as a culprit? If not, I would also try that as well, and if the issue persists, I would seriously consider going to a VZ store...

Sorry I dont have anything concrete...

Last edited:
OP
T

Teemo

Reaction score
Indeed, tried other phones/plugs.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Indeed, tried other phones/plugs.

Last ditch efffort I suppose, but you could try a Factory reset...and if the problem still persists, then its a no-brainer really. I would be 99.99% sure it is a hardware issue in the phone...and off to Verizon I would go...