Music Player freezing phone after 2.2

ioiujdj

Reaction score
Hello. Like everybody else today, I eagerly updated my X to froyo. However, when I tried to play music off my droid, my phone froze for a while before switching to a completely unrelated song. Since then, the player has completely frozen the phone, stopped and started a song repeatedly, and lagged awfully, seemingly with no cause. It does this both in the app itself, and on the mini-player on the lock screen. Also, it STILL cuts of my .wma files (though it does see the album art now). Has anybody else had or fixed a similar problem? Thanks.

khsjsilver

Reaction score
I have the same problem. When I use the music player, after I turn the phone to a horizontal position, then back to vertical, the whole phone locks up. Sometimes it shuts off and I need to take out the battery.

Have other people had the same problem since the update to 2.2?

Ecsa0014

Reaction score
I have the same problem. When I use the music player, after I turn the phone to a horizontal position, then back to vertical, the whole phone locks up. Sometimes it shuts off and I need to take out the battery.

Have other people had the same problem since the update to 2.2?

I am having a similar problem since the 2.2 (2.3?) update. If I turn the phone to a horizontal position while using the stock music player, it switches to the horizontal view correctly but if I go back to vertical, It reverts but part of the screen is cut off like it doesn't scale back correctly. If I leave the player after this and then try to come back to it, then screen is blank. Restarting the phone is the only way I know to fix it. It is really annoying. I hope a fix is released soon.

GraveTrain

Reaction score
I too have fallen victim to this problem after update to 2.2. Completely froze my phone and required that I pull the battery. Can anyone confirm that a non-native MP3 player works in it's place after the update without any problems? If so what do you recommend?

jep0617

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. I'm happy to know I'm not the only one, but hopefully they will release a fix soon.

GraveTrain

Reaction score
Went against my better judgment and updated the first day it was out (never again btw). Rather than wait for a solution, I just downloaded mixzing and opted out of the native music player altogether (or until they provide a new update).

Note: did test mixzing and rotated the screen without any hangups.

Booo! Froyo = Teh Suck

phantom007

Reaction score
Same problem

Yea I am having the same problem. It also can happen when you have a song playing decide to pause it and swap songs quickly, it will lock up in a loop and the battery pull is the only thing to get a response.

stngfreek

Reaction score
Glad I am not the only one with this problem.. along with Pandora problems.
perhaps they will identify this problem when they release the SMS software update..

DrSarcasmo

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm having the same problems with the standard music player. You can fix it, kind of, by pressing the power button. The power off screen appears, don't power it off, just hit the back button and it should go back to normal. It does on my X.

My roadrunner email won't let me send out emails either. I can receive them, but not send them. Annoying...

milkman76

Reaction score
Froyo has taken my droid x from the perfectly fine condition it was in with 2.1 to a state that has so many bugs that I almost returned the phone 3 weeks after buying.
This music player issue also happens to me and crashes the phone... lags... skips and stutters anytime I stop/start tracks, and a whole slew of other issues. Even the autocorrect and text input ability isn't as good. As much as I love droid, if this isn't all resolved in the very near future, ill be shopping for another brand.
Please forgive any typos as the text lags/freezes, autocorrects to wrong words after I've already types 3 more, and hides text input on most webpages so that I can only see the last line or so of text. Sometimes I can't see text at all and have to hit back and try to reset the input, but that usually just leads to more frustrations and super slow typing speeds.

And many.... many.... other issues both minor and major. I now have a droid (my son uses it) and a droid x both on froyo. Both with same issues. Both freezing/rebooting now. Joy.

ARod

Reaction score
Im having a similar problem...... When I'm listening to music on my phone the player turns off without warning and when I try to open it back up it says it can't play those files. When this happens, my videos don't work either. What can I do to fix this problem except restarting the phone every time??

PACanesFan

Reaction score
Just a note. This is being talked about on the Droid X Motorola support boards. The forum admin is elevating it to the engineers.

deek

Reaction score
I have a similar problem.
Sometimes when using pandora, slacker radio, or music... My phone will alert me that it can not read that type of file. I power cycle my phone and it'll work fine again.
I've noticed this after the 2.2 update.

power cycling my phone can be a real pain...