Status bar on Nexus

kunzy

Reaction score
Just activated GN and quickly noticed how small icons r in the status bar. Still working my way around ICS but is there a way to get the status bar a little bigger. I'm 45 and eyesite isn't quite what it was and i use gauge battery widget and date in tray. If no solution any recomondations of widgets that i could put on homescreen that would simulate the same thing as those apps i mentioned. Thanks

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I think Circle Battery Widget would help, and it looks nice. I used to have it on mine.
Fancy Widget makes for a great clock and has different styles.

I think those two cover your most important icons on the status bar.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
If rooted there are ways to make the status bar bigger, and/or ways to make the text in the statusbar bigger. I haven't experimented with the images yet, but with some trickery I am sure this would be possible as well.

View attachment 49489

If not rooted, there are definitely a ton of widgets for battery. I believe even something like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pvy.batterybar <-- that can be used without root.

PARick

Reaction score
kunzy said:
Just activated GN and quickly noticed how small icons r in the status bar. Still working my way around ICS but is there a way to get the status bar a little bigger. I'm 45 and eyesite isn't quite what it was and i use gauge battery widget and date in tray. If no solution any recomondations of widgets that i could put on homescreen that would simulate the same thing as those apps i mentioned. Thanks

If rooted, use AOKP ROM, and use the "old geezers theme". Great for my old eyes!

captdroid

Reaction score
If rooted, use AOKP ROM, and use the "old geezers theme". Great for my old eyes!

Yea status bar has three different sizes available built into AOKP ROM Control :biggrin:

PARick

Reaction score
captdroid said:
Yea status bar has three different sizes available built into AOKP ROM Control :biggrin:

Yes. But there actually is a theme called "old geezers " that makes everything in the status bar larger. Icons, text, etc.

captdroid

Reaction score
PARick said:
Yes. But there actually is a theme called "old geezers " that makes everything in the status bar larger. Icons, text, etc.

My old geezer theme is larger font and status bar text bumped up :)

Ed ke6bnl

Reaction score
I cant find old geezer as an app for my phone maybe to old and eye sight not letting me see it.

OP
K

kunzy

Reaction score
thanks for replies, unfortunately not rooted, wish i was. wish they had an app called OLD GEEZER cause i could sure use it....lol thanks again

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
You're only 45 lol, get some contacts =P

OP
K

kunzy

Reaction score
I'm wearing glasses but maybe contacts r the way to go...lol