Adding Center Clock To Your Nexus 6P Status Bar

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Center clock is the best way to view the clock on your status bar in my opinion. It may sound strange, but having the clock in the center can clean up the status bar and just make finding the time easier as the clock stands out being in the center of your notifications, and status icons. This mod has long been featured in custom roms, and is also easily attainable for those who love the Xposed Framework. On the Nexus 6P you can actually have these types of features without root!

For the center clock you don't have to be rooted, but you will need a custom recovery installed. Once custom recovery is installed just flash the centerclock.zip file from below. Enjoy your new center clock.

via XDA

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I don't get the appeal, personally. What happens when your status bar gets filled up with icons?

Isn't the iPhone clock in the middle? Is that why people like this?

To each their own, but I have no problem checking the clock in the right corner of my devices. I've done so since 2008 with the G1.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I don't want my clock moved. Removed would be nice. I see what time it is on the unlock screen, although it's really quick on the 6P.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I actually enjoyed having my clock in the middle on my rooted S3. It does make for a much cleaner look. I can do it on my S5, I just haven't bothered to go into Xposed to set it up. It's just not that important anymore...but I can see the appeal.

S5 tap'n