Android Pay Working With Some Rooted Nexus 6P Devices!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

If you want to root your Nexus 6P you will have to forfeit the use of Android Pay. At least that used to be the case. There is now a custom rom that allows you to be both rooted and use Android Pay!
The Chroma Rom gives you a mostly stock AOSP experience with some custom mods which help with the overall user experience.

Some features include Layers support, status bar customization, battery customization, battery percentage mod, clock and date, brightness control, double tap status bar to turn screen off, show or hide notification count, quick pull down tiles, network traffic, nav bar customization, lock screen customization, power menu customization, volume rocker customization, optimizations and more! Grab the Chroma rom from the link below.

via bane-tech

macroy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
6p
any idea why this rom works and not others?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
any idea why this rom works and not others?
Chainfire's system-less root.

This is a good read - Everyone is looking at this Chroma "dev" like he's some kind of super dev or…

From the OP Article :
UPDATE – Unfortunately…not everything is as good as it seems. Long story short the real credit goes to Chainfire who made this whole thing possible. For more details click this link —> HERE and HERE.

This honestly ticks me off. Please give credit where credit is due. I have lost all respect for Chroma. I will be finding a new ROM to run as soon as I get the chance.