Nexus 6P Native Tether Working Out Of The Box On Verizon!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Many of you have received your Nexus 6P by now. Mine should arrive this evening! There are still a few of you left out there on a Verizon unlimited data plan. If that is you Verizon ordinarily requires you to pay $30 to add a tethering package. With many devices there are ways to root and modify to gain access to tethering without the need to pay the subscription. FoxFi is a tool that allows this without rooting or otherwise modifying your Galaxy Device. FoxFi supports some other devices.

It has been confirmed that you do not need FoxFi or any other sort of mod to get native wifi tether working on the Nexus 6P. The feature works right out of the box. If I remember correctly Native tethering worked out of the box on the Nexus 6 if you bought it directly from Motorola as well. Google may eventually update the software in Verizon's favor, but without Verizon being able to put their hands on the 6P software this may be a feature that sticks!

Thanks @P3Droid for the tip!

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
One of my main reasons to root.
Removing bloat is another, but Nexus has no bloat.
Titanium for backup and restore of apps, but I think I can get around this.
No Ads is the final reason.

Hmmmmm. Not a whole lot of reasons to root when I get the phone.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Good to hear.

I just need ad blocker now. Maybe TiBu but I don't really care if I lose my text messages.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
inb4 OMG WHY TETHER ON VERIZON YOU THIEVES!!! BLRGRGAMFGDGAKNASFD

yeah... this phone is looking better and better every single day.

AND I got an email this morning that it's back up for order. now to decide if I really want to spend the money.