Free Tethering For Verizon Unlimited Users On The Moto X Pure!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moto_X_Style_Black_Front_Back-300x300.jpg

Unlimited data users on Verizon know that if you want to tether you have to pay a $35 subscription fee or find a work around like FoxFi. FoxFi doesn't work for every phone. I have found it to work really well with my Samsung devices if you pay for the paid version. The Moto X Pure is easily bootloader unlockable, and with an unlocked bootloader you can flash a custom recovery. Once a custom recovery is installed you can flash mods like a free wifi tethering mod.

The great thing about the Moto X Pure is that free wifi tethering works out of the box with no mods needed. This will more than likely be patched with an update so don't get used to it, but for now you can tether to your hearts content! Just go to settings, then more, then tethering and then just turn on tethering. Enjoy unlimited 4g lte on your other devices!

This loop hole will be closed soon I'm sure...unfortunately

it seems like the Nexus 6 was able to do this for the first several weeks until it was updated

Which is the only reason I'd buy this phone. If it gets locked down, I have no use for the unlimited data plan.

Which is the only reason I'd buy this phone. If it gets locked down, I have no use for the unlimited data plan.
it can't get locked down though... it has an unlockable bootloader. so regardless of fixing this blunder you can always enable it again.

it can't get locked down though... it has an unlockable bootloader. so regardless of fixing this blunder you can always enable it again.
How was the Nexus 6 patched then?

Good question. The Nexus 6 wasn't an unlocked bootloader, was it? I have one and haven't tried to unlock it. As a matter of fact, I can't even find it. It's still in the box but I've misplaced it! LOL~! :confused::eek::p

Every nexus I've owned was really easy to unlock. Nexus 6 appears to be just as easy. With one command - fastboot OEM unlock

How to: Unlock the Nexus 6 Bootloader (Nexus 9 Too) | Droid Life
How was the Nexus 6 patched then?

obviously they patched the STOCK rom... which, with root, could easily be reversed. that's kinda the idea of root access and full bootloader unlock, they really can't stop you from doing anything on your phone. which is why Big red is such a Big V about it....

I thought Foxfi worked on every phone? Good thing you guys mentioned it.

obviously they patched the STOCK rom... which, with root, could easily be reversed. that's kinda the idea of root access and full bootloader unlock, they really can't stop you from doing anything on your phone. which is why Big red is such a Big V about it....
That's what I thought since the bootloader is unlocked you can just use wifi tethering without them stopping it.

Back