FoxFi Alternative Emerges for Free Wifi Tethering and USB Tethering

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
WiFi.jpg

Most of you are rooted and use the free wireless tether app from the playstore, for the rest of you that are not rooted you have probably tried FoxFi. FoxFi works for most devices but specifically it does not work for most HTC devices. For those devices a new alternative has emerged. "Wifi Hotspot and USB Tether Pro" does the same thing as FoxFi. It provides free wireless and usb tether for those users who are not rooted. This Should work for all devices. There is a free version which allows you to test on your device. It gives you 2 full days of use then limits you to 5 minutes of tethering once a day. The Pro Version allows for unlimited free tethering at a cost of $15. This may seem like a bit much, but if it is the only working option then it may be worth your while.

Grab the app here

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
no offense, but this is really old news. this app used to cost $10 about a year ago.

Malkavian

Reaction score
This would be great, but right in their own notes for the app it states: NOT compatible with most HTC, EVO, Photon, Rezound, Inspire, Samsung Prevail, Motorola Triumph, Casio Commando, LG Spectrum, Motorola Bravo.

I have the Rezound. FoxFi works via BlueTooth for me and comes in handy in a pinch.

N4UPD

Reaction score
I use easy tether for usb tether and it works fine on HTC phones just no hotspot but I have the unlimited 4g hotspot anyway. By the way 4g lte from AT&T went live in Birmingham AL. and Memphis TN. today if anyone's interested.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this is old news. It seems as if this appears in the news section as a "front pager" like every 6 months or so.

For other alternatives, check my signature.

swc2001

Reaction score
it may very well be old news.... but I didnt know about it. I am very appreciative of this website and its keeping us up to date with current events and legacy data.

Thank you Droid forums!!

BigZig

Reaction score
Yeah, this is old news. It seems as if this appears in the news section as a "front pager" like every 6 months or so.

For other alternatives, check my signature.

you comment about this being old news...is well, old news.. :)

Cardinal

Reaction score
FoxFi has started signing off every ten minutes or something, asking me to get the paid version. I see bad reviews for the paid version.

I looked up Easy Tether, and it costs $10. Isn't there a decent free wifi tethering app anymore? Does FoxFi work fully still if plugged in via USB?

dfcfu342

Reaction score
I thought USB tethering was built into Android anyway why would you need an app for it? I've only used Motorola phones so I have a narrow frame of reference.

4low4fun

Reaction score
dfcfu342 said:
I thought USB tethering was built into Android anyway why would you need an app for it? I've only used Motorola phones so I have a narrow frame of reference.

So company's like verizon can't throttle you the $20 or $30 for using a feature that's built into the phone you paid for running on a network you already pay a premium to use!
I use wifi tether for root users. Works perfectly for my DROID 4 but is not compatible with all phones and of course requires root access..

NOVICE

Reaction score
Bought this app 2 months ago. Has worked flawlessly. (I'm in the minority that believes developers should be paid for their efforts.)

4low4fun

Reaction score
Dolly said:
$7 seems like a small price to pay for unlimited.

Pretty sure that's for a years subscription. If you're not rooted its well worth the money.