name all the apps you have running in your status bar

Purgatory

Reaction score
As the name implies. Mine are:

SeePU - shows CPU usage and memory usage (or memory free). Can set to different increments that it will check on usage (have not noticed any actual drain on the battery on .5 sec)
Battery Indicator - This give you a battery icon on the status bar that shows you how much of a percentage is left on your battery (the Moto Droid only supports in 10% increments). When you pull down on the status bar besides showing you the battery life (still in 10% increments), it also shows you the temperature of the battery, what the voltage is and whether the battery is in good health
Weather Bug - This of course tells you the temp and gives you a shortcut to open up weatherbug after pulling down the status bar

This makes it so much easier to see the basics when I go to any homescreen and also frees up room for more widgets on each homescreen (though I am using only 2 at the moment)

M

Matth3w

None...they're annoying to me. When I unlock my phone, I don't want to look on a brief glance and mistake some notification for a text message that I missed or something.

Right now I have the WiFi tether but nothing I can do about that.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have SeePU, BatteryTime, Screebl, Lookout and the temp from BW.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Only a battery % from BatteryTime... IF the temp ever gets too high then TempMonitor will throw one up there as a warning but that's yet to happen. I have all other notifications turned off (i.e. Screebl, weather). Used SeePU for a while but, IMHO it's more trouble than it's worth (it eats CPU cycles and memory and will just make you OCD about things you shouldn't worry with).

OP
Purgatory

Purgatory

Reaction score
How much battery does battery time eat up?

Batterytime seems to eat up more than most other battery widgets just because it is attempting to calculate how much time you have. All battery widgets get their battery info not by polling, but by how the system pushes the info out directly to the native battery icon. I will state however, this is minimal.

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've got the temp from Beautiful Widgets. And that is all. Agree with Matth3w. I like the notification bar to stay clean, so I know the difference at a glance when there's something important there.

M

Matth3w

Batterytime seems to eat up more than most other battery widgets just because it is attempting to calculate how much time you have. All battery widgets get their battery info not by polling, but by how the system pushes the info out directly to the native battery icon. I will state however, this is minimal.
What if you don't use the widget? I added the widget to get the notification in the bar, then deleted the widget.

OP
Purgatory

Purgatory

Reaction score

What if you don't use the widget? I added the widget to get the notification in the bar, then deleted the widget.

I should of rephrased this. It is not the widget or the notification in the bar that will do this, it is the app itself. Yes, you can delete the widget if you want to, but the app is constantly searching for how much battery there is left and how much time it took to get there and make an assessment on how long it will take to be empty. Again, it is minimal in how much it drains from the battery

M

Matth3w

I thought it would only do that once you opened up the program and it showed you the status. Because the notification bar doesn't show this information, so why bother to calculate if the program isn't open..if that makes sense.

OP
Purgatory

Purgatory

Reaction score
From what I have understood from the developer, is that the program Is constantly searching and trying to make itself better in how accurate of time you have left. It is a possibility that he meant only when the app is open so i could be wrong, but I don't really know so I assumed it was actually an all the time thing.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Right now I see, the shaketowake alarm clock symbol and the temperature from the Temp Monitor app

M

Matth3w

From what I have understood from the developer, is that the program Is constantly searching and trying to make itself better in how accurate of time you have left. It is a possibility that he meant only when the app is open so i could be wrong, but I don't really know so I assumed it was actually an all the time thing.
Well I'll give it a whirl for the first full day tomorrow and see what % of the battery it uses.

mad3963

Reaction score
I have Advanced Task Killer, Extreme Call Blocker, Locale and drocap2 Trigger.