Status 7 when trying to install the ICS Leak

Icculus760

Reaction score
Here's the simple instructions to get to ICS without error 7
  1. get rid of safestrap/bootstrap,etc
  2. FXZ back to .902
  3. OTA update to .905 (optional- root at this point using motofail. Then download voodoo root keeper from the play store. Back up root, disbale root)
  4. Here's the part where error 7 comes into play. BEFORE INSTALLING THE ICS LEAK UNPLUG YOUR PHONE FROM THE COMPUTER, WALL CHARGER, ETC.
  5. Install ICS using the recover option in the fastboot menu (Power on phone using power and both volume buttons) move down to "Recovery" then up.
  6. after installing ICS open Voodoo rootkeepr and restore root.
Hope this helps.

unfortunately I followed those directions to the letter, but it didn't work for me.
i also confirmed there was no 'forever root' chmod text in the mount_ext3.sh file to remove

I can install the ICS .232 leak, but the 'Status 7' error occurs anytime I try to flash any ROM in safestrap 2.11 (enabled obv)
I did format /system, wipe data/factory reset, wipe dalvik before flashing

does anyone have a different suggestion (which I couldn't find through google :blink:)?

Last edited:

hppcv97

Reaction score
unfortunately I followed those directions to the letter, but it didn't work for me.
i also confirmed there was no 'forever root' chmod text in the mount_ext3.sh file to remove

I can install the ICS .232 leak, but the 'Status 7' error occurs anytime I try to flash any ROM in safestrap 2.11 (enabled obv)
I did format /system, wipe data/factory reset, wipe dalvik before flashing

does anyone have a different suggestion (which I couldn't find through google :blink:)?

I kept running in to the same problem until I moved the file to the root C: drive out of any folders then it worked perfectly.

Icculus760

Reaction score
edit: fixed my error 7 issue! was due to me THINKING I was using the original bionic usb cable. I wasn't, which caused RSD to not actually finish it's post-reboot step. hope by editing this post i didn't bump the old thread :blink:

Last edited: