Sprint Officially Announces New Carrier Plans and Unlimited Guarantee

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sprint-unlmited-guarantee-seal.jpg

Just a couple of days ago we shared a leaked promo pic of some new Sprint plans designed to be extra aggressive to compete directly with T-Mobile. These new plans also brought with them a special promo called "The Sprint Unlimited Guarantee." The new plans turned out to an excellent value, and this new Unlimited Guarantee is unique as well, offering those who sign up an Unlimited plan for life. The leak turned out to be accurate as Sprint made them official last night.

Horizontal-sprint-plans.jpg

They posted the plans and the Unlimited Guarantee. They even shared a cost breakdown to show off the savings these new plans offer. Here's a quote with a brief breakdown of the plans and the guarantee, followed by a link to the press release below that:

How the Unlimited, My Way Plan Works:
  • Customers first select the number of lines; all lines come with unlimited talk to any wireline or mobile phone and text.
  • Customers then choose their data for each line: $30/month for unlimited data on smartphones or $10/month for unlimited data on basic phones. Additional options include $20 for 1GB of data on smartphones or basic phone users can choose not to add data to their account.2
  • Customers also have the choice to activate mobile hotspot functionality on their smartphone for $10 per month for 1GB of data on the Sprint network.
“As additional lines are added to the account, customers will see significant monthly savings,” said Hesse. “The Sprint Unlimited, My Way plan makes it easy for families to tailor plans to meet their wireless needs, making Sprint the clear choice for families.”

My All-InSM Plan

In addition, Sprint is offering smartphone customers the My All-in plan with unlimited talk, text and data while on the Sprint network and 5GB mobile hotspot usage for $110.

How The Sprint Unlimited Guarantee Works:
  • All customers on an Unlimited, My Way plan or a My All-in plan will have unlimited talk and text guaranteed for the life of the line of service.
  • Customers who select unlimited data on an Unlimited, My Way plan or a My All-in plan will have unlimited data guaranteed for the life of the line of service.
  • The guarantee will apply to customers as long as they remain on the plan, meet the terms and conditions of the plan and pay their bill in full and on-time.
  • The guarantee is non-transferrable.

Source: Sprint Newsroom

Last edited:

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm feeling a bit nostalgic, and want to offer a brief history of smartphone data plans. Of course, I have no such history stored in my head, and have no intention of looking it up. SO, I'll just say this instead:

I remember the old days where limited minutes and texts were the norm. And then we had rollover minutes and that was good. And then a miracle happened and UNLIMITED DATA became the norm. Everybody had ridiculous amounts of data, and while nobody got near the limit of unlimited, we all suspected that the "limit" was somehow 5GB and that was good. We tethered and that was good too. Some of us abused the privilege, and that wasn't so good.

But then Verizon got greedy and stopped offering the unlimited data plan, and then others followed. That was very, very sad. Many of us with our imaginary unlimited plans dug a hole and hid ourselves deep within it, to protect the sacred feeling of being able to consume as much as we wanted, even if it was still an imaginary limit.

And I began to wonder: if a smaller company got aggressive, they could try and offer a competitive unlimited plan. And if they did a good job, Verizon and AT&T would blink. And we could go back to the way things should be. Unlimited. And reasonably-priced.

Today, I am starting to think that the day of "Verizon blinking" is getting closer and closer. Fingers are crossed. I'm hopeful.

-Matt

WishRyder

Reaction score
Before anyone freaks out, the line that reads:
In addition, Sprint is offering smartphone customers the My All-in plan with unlimited talk, text and data while on the Sprint network and 5GB mobile hotspot usage for $1103
should simply end in $110. It was copied and pasted from a site that used a small 3 to direct you to fine print that says "The Sprint Unlimited Guarantee does not apply to capped data use options."

So no, It's not a $1103 plan. Those kind of prices would only fly at Verizon.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the typo heads up WishRyder!

Caren4u2

Reaction score
Am I understanding the $110 is shared with all the lines on the account (shared?) or is it $110 per line.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Am I understanding the $110 is shared with all the lines on the account (shared?) or is it $110 per line.
I'm reading it as $110 for just one line, that is:

$50 = one line
$30 = unlimited data
$30 = 5G mobile hotspot

Total = $110

It looks like a savings of $20, since the ala carte price for mobile hotspot is listed at $10/GB -> so you get 5GB for $30 instead of for $50.

My guess is that additional lines would add as described, e.g., $40 for the second line plus $30 for data on the second line, so it would then be $110 + $70 = $180 for two lines w/unlimited data plus 5G hotspot. If my math is correct (which it usually isn't), the so-called All-In plan doesn't sound all-that.

EDIT: I took a closer look at the description and didn't see an indication that anything was shared -- note that minutes and texts are unlimited for all versions of the plan, and data says "per line" under each option.

-Matt

Last edited:

xtor

Reaction score
Sounds like the big cell companies have gimmicks but in the end their all about the same price give or take, but none of them have coverage that verizon has, so vzw still has us by the b@lls.

sent from a note yee

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sounds like the big cell companies have gimmicks but in the end their all about the same price give or take, but none of them have coverage that verizon has, so vzw still has us by the b@lls.

sent from a note yee
I'm probably splitting hairs (since like you, Verizon has me by the cojones) but: a no-questions-asked unlimited data plan sounds pretty good, compared to the "we'll-hunt-you-down-and-destroy-you" attitude that Verizon has toward their grandfathered unlimited customers. I don't know about you, but I'm ALWAYS looking over my shoulder. LOL Paranoid and delusional, thanks to Verizon.

-Matt

xtor

Reaction score
I'm probably splitting hairs (since like you, Verizon has me by the cojones) but: a no-questions-asked unlimited data plan sounds pretty good, compared to the "we'll-hunt-you-down-and-destroy-you" attitude that Verizon has toward their grandfathered unlimited customers. I don't know about you, but I'm ALWAYS looking over my shoulder. LOL Paranoid and delusional, thanks to Verizon.

-Matt

I hear ya, I went in and added a line to get my note 2, the guy said I had an update on my line, I said I know and I want to keep unlimited, so he looked up my line and was astonished the I used 89 gigs, he added a line ,and I switch it the next day to my line and dropped the data plan from the new line:), ps3 online eats date!

sent from a note yee

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I hear ya, I went in and added a line to get my note 2, the guy said I had an update on my line, I said I know and I want to keep unlimited, so he looked up my line and was astonished the I used 89 gigs, he added a line ,and I switch it the next day to my line and dropped the data plan from the new line:), ps3 online eats date!

sent from a note yee
89 gigggggggggggggs?!?!?!?!?! The first thought that entered my head was "can I blackmail you with that?" and then the second was, "apparently they already know!" Anyway, nice job on the switcheroo move. I'm so inspired every time I hear that maneuver. Gonna try it soon.

-Matt

xtor

Reaction score
89 gigggggggggggggs?!?!?!?!?! The first thought that entered my head was "can I blackmail you with that?" and then the second was, "apparently they already know!" Anyway, nice job on the switcheroo move. I'm so inspired every time I hear that maneuver. Gonna try it soon.

-Matt

I've done it 3 times thats why we have 5 line, and only 2 smartphones, I went as high as 120 gigs last year watching 10 seasons of stargate sg1 on netflix and ps3 online every night, my wife didn't like me that month.

sent from a note yee

KaChow

Reaction score

-Matt

An Unlimited-No Questions Asked plan is a wonderful thing and only Sprint can offer something like that. But, ask yourselves what is the value of Unlimited if the Quality is not there. I left my Everything Unlimited plan because of this, for me Sprint has the worst coverage and I noticed that everywhere I went. This is not the case with Verizon. While, I too remember Verizons Unlimited data and even the Blackberry plans ;) the coverage provided is far superior. I guess in the scheme of it while you pay more to get less to receive the best with Verizon or can get more pay less for less reliable overall service. In the end what costs more not being able to use your device because of no service or excessive use of a more expensive limited carrier.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

xtor

Reaction score
An Unlimited-No Questions Asked plan is a wonderful thing and only Sprint can offer something like that. But, ask yourselves what is the value of Unlimited if the Quality is not there. I left my Everything Unlimited plan because of this, for me Sprint has the worst coverage and I noticed that everywhere I went. This is not the case with Verizon. While, I too remember Verizons Unlimited data and even the Blackberry plans ;) the coverage provided is far superior. I guess in the scheme of it while you pay more to get less to receive the best with Verizon or can get more pay less for less reliable overall service. In the end what costs more not being able to use your device because of no service or excessive use of a more expensive limited carrier.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Put me down for the excessive use:)

sent from a note yee

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yup as always...its the coverage man, the coverage. Kids mother has been thru Sprint, T Mobile, Boost...and they all suck for her. Her only options are AT&T and Verizon.....AT&T might be her best bet as Verizon is gonna be too much for her. Maybe we can find a steller phone on Sprint that works good as a phone.

Some might think ppl that talk on the phone is a dying breed...but when it comes to important things, if you have kids....if that cell phone is the only phone in the house....service, coverage, a reliable phone is a matter of life n death. Still trying to talk her into getting a house phone, but I think most phones now connect to cable modems? Hope not...