Sourcery ROM 2.2

OP
gflam

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'll take a look at the transparent keyboard for u as well maybe there's something wrong with that i'll post when i look at it and let u know

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

adsfa34

Reaction score
I'll take a look at the transparent keyboard for u as well maybe there's something wrong with that i'll post when i look at it and let u know

thanks gflam! :D

OP
gflam

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Vuarnet running the transparent keyboard now i'll keep it for a little while and let you know if it closes i've sent i think 2 messages so far with it and no closing yet but i'll let you know after i use it for a little while i'll switch to your font as wel in a little and let you know about that too

adsfa34

Reaction score
Vuarnet running the transparent keyboard now i'll keep it for a little while and let you know if it closes i've sent i think 2 messages so far with it and no closing yet but i'll let you know after i use it for a little while i'll switch to your font as wel in a little and let you know about that too

awesome -- thanks gflam. yeah i switched back to the stock font and am having no more problems with the keyboard. i think it only happens on the "default sourcery" font (the one at the bottom of the font switcher menu) ... which as it happens is my favorite one!

so i suspect the issue is only with the "default sourcery" font, since i've tried a handful of other fonts and that's the only one that gives me any trouble whatsoever. ... i totally would pick the one font that's quirky lol

thanks for looking into it :)

adsfa34

Reaction score
ok so... i switched back to the default sourcery font... because i re-flashed EVERYTHING earlier. i backed up and all, and wiped everything on my phone like a hundred times. then i installed the zips in a little bit different order this time... (i separated each update zip (not including the kernel) with a full reboot this time and backed up in-bewteen each flash. i'm also using rzrecovery fwiw but had the same problem with cw too)

i installed sourcery 2.0 first, then 2.0 gapps
rebooted, restored my apps and whatnot and then rebooted to apply the 2.2 update
applied the 2.2 update + slayher 1100mhz slv kernel in recovery
deleted some of the system apps and then rebooted to apply the sourcery blue theme
applied the sourcery blue theme in recovery, rebooted
removed backgrounds via sourcery awesomeness on a hunch (still on stock font at this point)
just now switched to sourcery font and i wrote a LONG friggin text message and no random closes... works perfectly now...

when i was having problems i did not have backgrounds disabled, so my thinking is that the problem only shows up when you are using the blue theme WITH backgrounds enabled, and the sourcery font. i'm going to try to re-enable backgrounds and see if the problem comes back now... will report back later tonight!

thanks again for all the hard work... i don't think i'll ever be able to leave sourcery now lol

adsfa34

Reaction score
Ok. I am officially confused. I re-enabled backgrounds using the included background, not the default one, and it was still OK. I'm typing on it now and am having ZERO issues.

Did you use your Tom Cruise witchcraft on my phone or somethin? Lol. I'll keep trying to replicate the issue, and if I can I'll redo it and pull a logcat and pm it to you.

Otherwise, I just say we chalk it up to user error and continue to enjoy the best ROM under the sun! And the best "suppourcery" too!! :D

Sent from Sourcery

OP
gflam

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ha no witch craft here but glad u got it working with everything u wanted that is the fonts backgrounds etc sometimes things just act weird with no reasonable explination like this one but it works now and that's all that matters i guess :)

adsfa34

Reaction score
Lol thanks for looking into it for me gflam. You're the man!!

Sent from Sourcery

OP
gflam

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Any time always happy to offer suppourcery lol

adsfa34

Reaction score
Any time always happy to offer suppourcery lol

lol thanks man -- my sourcery is truly perfect now :) i've got it JUST how i like it ..... thanks a million for all the hard work.

so what's next for mr. gflam?? when is that app of yours coming out? if your past work is any indication of the quality of this app you're working on, i know it'll be awesome :)

Always plenty of Suppourcey for Sweet sweet Sourcery

:rofl3: LOL im sorry but that's effing brilliant!

My friend DWB definitely can turn a phrase. :)

-Mike

you darn right -- we're talkin' bout DWB and we can dig it lol

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Thanks gents
I must say droidforums and especially our Saucery forum are like a second home our better yet they are like Cheers, and you all make me feel as welcome as Norm.

Fill er up Sammy.

adsfa34

Reaction score
Thanks gents
I must say droidforums and especially our Saucery forum are like a second home our better yet they are like Cheers, and you all make me feel as welcome as Norm.

Fill er up Sammy.

it's posts like this that makes me wish we had a "like" button! lol