Sony Xperia Z3v Announced for Verizon - Coming Oct 23rd for $200 On-Contract

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
xperia-z3v-press.png

Here's a lightning bolt from the heavens for Sony fans on Verizon. Big Red will be getting the Sony Xperia Z3v on October 23rd. The device will sell for $199.99 on a new two year VZW contract. To be clear, this is the actual Xperia Z3. The unusual moniker is simply Verizon personalizing the name to their liking. This includes all of the bells and whistles you would expect from Sony's flagship, including a 5.2-inch display, waterproofing, aluminum-frame, glass-backed chassis, and the same internals the device is known for.

There's even more to this announcement. Sony and Verizon are offering a bundle deal on the Xperia Z3 smartphone and the Xperia Z2 Android tablet. On top of this Verizon will also have several Sony accessories you can pick up.

Here's our Sony section for more discussions on the Xperia Z3: Sony Smartphone General Discussion Android Forums at DroidForums.net

Here's the full press release below with the details,

Sony's Xperia® Z3v Flagship Smartphone to Launch in U.S. at Verizon Wireless
Latest addition to Xperia Z3 series features best of Sony ecosystem to deliver long- lasting battery life and gaming through PlayStation®4 Remote Play1, all in a beautifully designed waterproof2 smartphone; Available nationwide October 23

NEW YORK, NY — Oct. 9, 2014 — The wait for a Sony smartphone on the nation's largest wireless carrier network is over. Sony Mobile Communications ("Sony Mobile") and Verizon Wireless today announced that Sony's Xperia® Z3v smartphone will be available in the U.S. at Verizon Wireless. The premium AndroidTM 4G LTE waterproof smartphone is engineered for users to connect, create and share on-the-go with Sony's innovative camera, sound and display technologies. Starting this October 23, 2014 , Verizon customers can purchase Xperia Z3v from Verizon online and at participating stores nationwide.

"Our industry-leading 4G LTE network is what our customers have come to rely on when they want to experience first-class products and unique experiences on their mobile devices," said Jeff Dietel, Verizon Wireless Vice President of Marketing. "The opportunity for Verizon customers to connect with Sony's broad ecosystem of mobility products – including the Z2 Tablet and the new Z3v smartphone – backed by unparalleled content, is exactly what we want to bring to market."

Where Design Meets Engineering

Xperia Z3v is how a premium smartphone should look and feel. Elegant and durable by design, Xperia Z3v's sleek build features aluminum sides and a conveniently placed power button. With its tempered glass panels on the front and back and the highest level of waterproofing in a smartphone2, Xperia Z3v is built to withstand life's surprises so you don't have to give a second thought to what's around the corner.  Boasting more than a day's charge3, battery performance is superior on Xperia Z3v and, as a first in a Sony smartphone, Xperia Z3v offers the convenience of embedded wireless charging, using the latest inductive 'Qi' technology. To make sure Xperia Z3v keeps up with you when you're on the go, improved power management features like Battery STAMINA mode and Ultra STAMINA mode help ensure efficient power consumption and a longer-lasting battery life. The Power of Sony in a Smartphone

Xperia Z3v delivers an unrivaled entertainment experience leveraging Sony's expertise in TV and audio. Watch videos in vivid clarity on its 5.2-inch 1080p Full HD TRILUMINOSTM display for mobile with Live Color LED powered by X-RealityTM for mobile and listen to the sound as it booms through the stereo speakers with S- ForceTM Front Surround. Embrace your inner audiophile, listening to music as the artist intended with Hi-Res Audio or use the Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE HX) to upscale the sound fidelity of your favorite MP3 or AAC music tracks, as well as your playlists on Sony's cloud-based digital music service, Music Unlimited4, to near High-Resolution quality. Tune out the world to enjoy your music through Sony's Digital Noise Cancelling technology when paired with a compatible headset.

Capture memories in stunning detail through the combination of the rear-facing 20.7MP camera with 1/2.3" ExmorTM RS for mobile image sensor, BIONZTM for mobile processing engine and wide-angle 27mm G Lens. Additionally, video clips can be shot and shared in 4K resolution, giving you the power to future-proof your precious memories and moments.

Xperia Z3v builds on an already impressive camera experience by empowering users to unleash their creativity with several preloaded Xperia camera apps. Use your front and rear-facing camera simultaneously to create one image with Face in, so you're not only sharing the moment you're made to be a part of it. Film different angles using multiple Xperia or Sony devices at the same time using Multi-camera. Storing all that content is a snap, too, thanks to 32 GB of internal memory and a slot for a microSD storage card up to 128GB.

Game Ready

Sony has engineered a revolution in gaming technology and made Xperia Z3v one of the first smartphones in the market with the PlayStation®4 (PS4TM) Remote Play. With PS4 Remote Play, you can use your Xperia Z3v to remotely connect to your PS4 to play its games, when the living room TV is in use. Simply connect your Xperia smartphone to your PS4 via home Wi-Fi® and use DUALSHOCK®4 Wireless Controller6 with the GCM10 Game Control Mount6 to continue playing PS4 games anywhere at home on Xperia Z3v.

"Drawing from Sony's expertise in gaming, music and movies, Xperia Z3v is a powerhouse of mobile entertainment designed to enrich and enhance every aspect of a user's day," said Ravi Nookala, President, Sony Mobile Communications North America. "Delivering experiences that only Sony can offer, Xperia Z3v takes everyday demands head on delivering a longer lasting battery and durability." An ecosystem of accessories

To complement the Xperia Z3v, an entire host of accessories will be available at Verizon, to enhance your smartphone experience:

• SmartWatch 3 ($249.99) – Sony's latest generation SmartWatch, powered by Android Wear
  • CPW5 Wireless Portable Power Supply ($59.99) – Experience the latest in technology with Qi, a wireless portable charger
  • DUALSHOCK®4 Wireless Controller ($59.99) and GCM10 Game Control Mount ($39.99) – Turn your Xperia Z3v into a PS4TM Remote Play gaming powerhouse
Availability

Xperia Z3v will be available for purchase nationwide at Verizon Wireless October 23 for $199.99 with a new two-year activation. For a limited time, customers who purchase the Sony Xperia Z3v smartphone can get $200 off a Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet. And beginning today, Verizon customers can register for more information about Sony's Xperia Z3v smartphone athttp://www.androidcentral.com/ext?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jdoqocy.com%2Fclick-7293382-11365093%3Furl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.verizonwireless.com%252Fsonyxperiaz3v. For a full list of specifications, visit http://www.sonymobile.com/us/products/phones/xperia-z3v/.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
It is actually different from the T Mobile model: it's thicker because it supports Wireless Charging. The TMobile version does not.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If the Droid turbo didn't blow it out of the water(my opinion, except this is water proof) I'd be getting one.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
AND!!!! now the droid turbo is coming.

DAMNIT!!! TOO MANY GOOD CHOICES!!!!!!

I'm going to have to try both and play with them for a while... unless I spring for the note 4.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Very good to see VZW moving quickly on this one and getting it out to customers sooner rather than later :)...

jakenader123

Reaction score
no stock android, no thank you. i like the design but these oems just butcher android and it losses its smoothness.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I have to respectfully disagree with ya there jake. Unlike the old days, (even with last year's models) the latest flagships run super smooth even with carrier & manufacturer bloat.

tap'n on my S5

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I have to respectfully disagree with ya there jake. Unlike the old days, (even with last year's models) the latest flagships run super smooth even with carrier & manufacturer bloat.

tap'n on my S5
Agreed. My current LG G3 is smooth as can be. Aslo. according to some reviews, the Xperia Z3's ui is the smoothest out of all the OEM ui's. Looking forward to this phone!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Good look here with the difference build on Verizon vs current Z3

Sony Xperia Z3v First Look:
M8 tap'd

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
FINALLY a phone I really want on Verizon. Well I want the Moto X too, but been dying to have an Xperia device.

I don't like how they've changed the looks so much, the difference is significant, but it's still a great looking device.

Still waiting on the z3 compact, or a variant of it. I don't have an upgrade or really the right funds to get it off contract right now, so now the waiting game. I'm just happy an Xperia device is available on Verizon. About time.

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I know, right? Finally!
I'm really enjoying my S5 but damn if there aren't some sweet devices being released lately!

tap'n on my S5

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I know, right? Finally!
I'm really enjoying my S5 but damn if there aren't some sweet devices being released lately!

tap'n on my S5
I've wanted an Xperia device for so long. I was even contemplating jumping ship to AT&T once my contract is up. I still may opt for that, but if I could stay on Verizon and get an Xperia device, why not?

My s4 has been driving me insane lately. Random reboots, locks up while screen is off, freezes time to time, and screen flickers when I pull up my keyboard. And I've just about had it with the weak radios on this thing.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Sounds like your close to end of contract. I swear phones start self destructing right around that 24 month mark. :D

94lt1
If the Droid turbo didn't blow it out of the water(my opinion, except this is water proof) I'd be getting one.

Water proof AND an SD Card slot. Specs look pretty damn close to Turbo.
If this was the compact it would be my new front runner. I am going to have to hold one to decide. I do want to hear about the Turbo first though.

Current favorites are this and the G3. Cant believe how well that big phone fits the hand. Much better the the S5. Still have yet to hold the new X.