Sony Xperia Z3v Now Available on Verizon

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
vzw-sony-xperia-z3v.png

The Sony Xperia Z3v was officially announced for Verizon on October 9th, and the phone is now available. You can pick it up for $199.99 on a new contract, for $24.99 per month on Verizon EDGE, or for $599.99 outright. Sony's latest waterproof flagship is a big deal on Big Red. It's been years since Verizon brought one of Sony's Xperia products to their network.

You can get either the black or the white version of the device. It's interesting to note that there are a few subtle differences between the vanilla Xperia Z3 and the Xperia Z3v. All the internal hardware is the same, but the outer casing has some minor differences. One other thing worth paying attention to is that even though this device comes with Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sony has already said they plan to bring Android 5.0 Lollipop to it (probably) by the end of the year.

Here's a link to Verizon for those planning to grab Sony's flagship: Sony Xperia Z3v Verizon Wireless

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I picked up the white version shortly after 9 and must say so far I do like the device...it feels great in hand and is snappy & fluid in screen movements and in & out of apps...I am getting it set up now so I can get some good hands-on with it but so far pleased.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Tried to check one out at a Verizon store yesterday, but they didn't have one for display. Maybe I'll stop by today...

I'd have to buy full price, $600 huh....

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Tried to check one out at a Verizon store yesterday, but they didn't have one for display. Maybe I'll stop by today...

I'd have to buy full price, $600 huh....

Good luck, once you get it don't forget to post up a review.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've got a severe case of phone envy :( with the note 4's and experia's out.. Come on turbo... Lol

Last edited:

Ricocht77

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xperia Z3v
Anyone know where to get the wireless charger? I'm having trouble finding one

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Checked it out in store today, really like what I see. From what I can tell, even with magnet stand in the way, the device is comfortable to hold. Looks great, runs smooth, and the screen looks awesome. I didn't really try the camera or any other extra features; just speed of device, youtube video, and that's about it, it felt snappy. They weren't too keen on the idea of me throwing my water from my water bottle on it though :D

Comparison to my s4:
1. It's a very tall device
2. Feels a bit thicker than the s4 though the magnet on the back didn't allow me to hold it normally either.
3. It has some good weight to it, not heavy, but not light either.
4. I still think the s4 has a great screen, but the Sony screen looked a tad bit sharper to me.

So far it seems like the device I want. Just gotta get my money right or maybe even be patient til my upgrade in July...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think where we are at now most, if not all, the latest flagship devices performance wise are on par. Yes I get that clean devices performs better than devices with skins and bloat but if you use that device all the time you will not notice only time you notice may be when running for a month straight without a reboot and you feel somewhat a stutter. People who review devices all the time may notice it sooner but for the most part people will not notice one way or another.

The choice comes down now to minor details, camera, size of phone, LCD vs amoled, battery size, or operating system. I can see how it can be challenging choosing a phone as the choices to choose you almost can't go wrong. Just a matter of blocking out all the noise and hype about "this is the greatest thing ever" and recognize that it really isn't the greatest thing ever. In fact the manufacturer already moved on to the next "big thing" so pick the device that you are happy with for the next 2 years.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I checked the experia's out.. Nice snappy phone.. Love the screen.. I checked out the note4's too.. They don't seem big to me.. Probably because everything I have, goes in a defender.. So idk..

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I checked the experia's out.. Nice snappy phone.. Love the screen.. I checked out the note4's too.. They don't seem big to me.. Probably because everything I have, goes in a defender.. So idk..
No defender going on my nexus 6
A defender on that thing would make it look like I'm walking around with a nexus 7.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
No defender going on my nexus 6
A defender on that thing would make it look like I'm walking around with a nexus 7.
Yeah.. But in otterbox's defense.. Their defender cases have been getting pretty sleek.. Compared to their older versions.. But for me.. I don't care about the "style" . It's all about functionality and protection.. Stupid accidents happen.. We drop or bump into things.. 700$ is a lot to lose.. Plus it increases the resale value by keeping the device from being scraped up.. (these are my reasons.. Everyone is different)