Sony Xperia Z3v Now Available on Verizon

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah, but don't get to excited. I'm sure the Turbo will have incredible battery life.
I'm sure it will.. But we'll have nearly 4000 mah to deal. With.. They have less than our current maxx's and idk about you.. But they're beating my screen on time... By an hour and more.. 6 and a half I think, is the best I've gotten.. But i live in a bad reception area..

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm sure it will.. But we'll have nearly 4000 mah to deal. With.. They have less than our current maxx's and idk about you.. But they're beating my screen on time... By an hour and more.. 6 and a half I think, is the best I've gotten.. But i live in a bad reception area..
Yeah but the chip set is far more efficient, and the screen also uses less power per pixel. I'm sure there are other reasons that have to do with power optimization of the kernel and features so it stands to reason that the newer generation phone would do better with less mAh.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah and the turbo is running the 310 kernel... It's said to be very battery friendly.. I personally don't know

pchain

Reaction score
What screen brightness are y'all using?
Adaptive lighting was checked all day, and on average I had it on 40%, however when I was outside I had it cranked up to 100% for about 45 minutes.

pchain

Reaction score
Battery life on my first full charge was excellent. I ran it all the way down to 0 until it shut itself off. Unfortunately I did not get a screenshot, but my total screen time was 8 hours 41 minutes. (It turned off just as I was checking). I'd say that's pretty good.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
For anyone doubting what I said about signal levels affecting battery consumption even when on Wi-Fi, take a look at the far right of the image below. I blew up dezy's chart above and moved it so that the right edge could be used as a ruler or straight edge. You'll need to tap on the pic to see it clearly. At the top you'll see a straight drop in battery power for a short while, indicated by the green line starting high and suddenly continuing a bit lower. At the bottom you'll see the signal going to red. The two are directly connected time wise.

9dc3467e81a93e43023ae555f107eac8.jpg
Never doubted you Fox.

I do doubt Samsung for ever labeling the s4 as a flagship device. Paid good money for this phone and it can barely hold a signal in a residential area. Meanwhile the 6 iPhones in the house (Four 4s on AT&T and 2 iPhone 6 on Verizon) were getting 3 or 4 bars throughout the night. All this on the best coverage in the US too....

I'm glad to see Sony has their radios in the z3v right though. (Sorry didn't mean to hijack this thread)

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Haha.. I think this thread was hijacked long ago... Lmao.. I lost track of what phone...

@pchain I'd say that was impressive indeed... Glad to see positive battery results and thoughts on the Z3v.... @STG did ya root yet?

One+1

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
My battery screens for today... Still minimal screen on time, a little less than 2 hours and I turned WiFi off this morning before I unplugged so it would be all cell radio's...

f61e0db16b1fc351651aca73d4ab1852.jpg

aebd353a2529ad79a0b8f8120a084664.jpg

Sent while mobile...

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
And graph screen...

b9d9bf94be06174d14a07ff17c9e17d0.jpg

Sent while mobile...

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Good stuff y'all! I believe 7-8 hours of screen on time is now the standard on most of today's flagship models. I know the G3 was having trouble reaching those numbers due to the 4k screen, but hopefully manufacturers are working on this, as well as Lollipop helping to contribute. I'm still waiting to see SO times from our Note 4 users.

S5 tap'n

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Good stuff y'all! I believe 7-8 hours of screen on time is now the standard on most of today's flagship models. I know the G3 was having trouble reaching those numbers due to the 4k screen, but hopefully manufacturers are working on this, as well as Lollipop helping to contribute. I'm still waiting to see SO times from our Note 4 users.

S5 tap'n
I couldn't touch 6 with the G3 in a fringe area. It needed a 3500Mah battery.. Lol