Softkey custom images

captdroid

Reaction score
Change your Softkey's to custom images! These work on rooted stock 4.02 using Metamorph.

[SOFTKEYS] Softkey Collection [GSM/LTE] [Update 08-01] - xda-developers

Changed mine currently to Nexus colored ones shown here: xda-developers - View Single Post - [SOFTKEYS] Softkey Collection [GSM/LTE] [Update 08-01]

:biggrin:

You will not show the search button unless you are running a custom ROM that supports that or have installed the softkey mod on a Deodexed stock ROM. Other then that works as custom buttons shown on stock 4.02

Last edited:

bsmith0731

Reaction score
Change your Softkey's to custom images! These work on rooted stock 4.02 using Metamorph.

[SOFTKEYS] Softkey Collection [GSM/LTE] [Update 08-01] - xda-developers

Changed mine currently to Nexus colored ones shown here: xda-developers - View Single Post - [SOFTKEYS] Softkey Collection [GSM/LTE] [Update 08-01]

:biggrin:

You will not show the search button unless you are running a custom ROM that supports that or have installed the softkey mod on a Deodexed stock ROM. Other then that works as custom buttons shown on stock 4.02

Rooted??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
captdroid

captdroid

Reaction score
Rooted??

Yes must be rooted since the SystemUI.APK app that Metamorph updates to change the buttons is a system file.

EAK

Reaction score
I like the reflective ones, they should make the nexus color one reflective. :biggrin:

Mayze

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks for the link.

jpin321

Reaction score
Can't get these to work for me im stock rooted but when i flash and reboot i have no status bar or softkeys. Do i have to be on a deodexed rom?

OP
captdroid

captdroid

Reaction score
Can't get these to work for me im stock rooted but when i flash and reboot i have no status bar or softkeys. Do i have to be on a deodexed rom?

Nope these will work on stock rooted no deodexed. I used Metamorph method.

jpin321

Reaction score
Any ideas what im doing wrong. Im familiar with metamorph but i can't make this work.

OP
captdroid

captdroid

Reaction score
Any ideas what im doing wrong. Im familiar with metamorph but i can't make this work.

Try a different Metamorph download for custom softbuttons. Maybe the one you are trying is no good. Try clearing cache and dalvik. Other then that IDK... using Metamorph method worked perfectly for me on stock 4.0.2 rooted. Screen shot:

Last edited:

jpin321

Reaction score
I just got it to work using the softkey modder dunno why metamorph didn't work /shrug....