Cool stuff for ICS/LTE

9wire

Reaction score
I'm on Revolution HD, rooted and unlocked. I like the transparent status bar, it doesn't work with the other mods so kept it and not the others. (the 1% battery and soft key mods put the status bar back to black, but I think the batt and softkey work together) All these have worked on my Verizon Nexus LTE, but I'm not responsible for you or your phone! Thanks to the devs who put in the hours to make our phones all they can be! I'm using the status bar, launcher, and power menu.
Transparent status bar by Pando, XDA Developers
xda-developers - View Single Post - Transparent statusbar for SGN???
Softkey mod
Smooth Keys Mod/Theme by WJD Designs (Standard/Alt/HTC Versions) - RootzWiki
1% battery
1% Battery Mod for Deodexed ROM`s - Update 16.12. for ICL53F - xda-developers
Modded stock launcher, I like this one!
[MOD] [GSM/LTE] Stock Launcher | No Search Bar | 4x5 Portrait Grid | Version 3.0! - xda-developers
Advanced power menu- reboot, or to recovery like CM7. Nandroid first, wipe cache and dalvik...
[MOD] Auto Brightness Patch & Advanced Power Menu - Update 16.12. for ICL53F - xda-developers

Last edited:

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
is the power menu dependent on the launcher you're using?

OP

9wire

Reaction score
I don't think so, (not any kind of expert here) I believe it changes framework independent of the launcher. Can't connect to xda at the moment...

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I was wanting to flash this rom. Everytime I look on RW though there is talks of the .next release. They come pretty quick. I just dont want to keep setting my phone up. lol. Everything works right now. Im kinda thinking I want to keep it stock rooted until 4.0.3 comes out. Then let devs do their magic on it.

One thing that I am a big proponent of is Volume button media controls. Reason for this is new cell phone legislation in TX, and the fact that I use my phone for music while driving. Its convenient to skip songs w/o turning the phone on...unlocking and using the touchscreen. As a matter of fact...its much safer as well. Keeps my eyes on the road as I dont need to physically look at my phone to skip.

Its a mystery to me why this is not a stock feature from google.

Also i would like the ability to disable the stock headphone button controls. I used Klipsch s4a and the klipsch control app is over-ridden by the stock one....rendering my extra expensive headphones useless for anything other than play/pause. This REALLY sucks while working out to music. Have to take my phone out of my pocket and skip songs.

Hope devs begin to include this function in roms in the near future. I actually am trying to email google directly and discuss it. Anyone know of an email I can link to for this? Cant find it online.

I also like having the speaker/voice function on the homescreen since its not available in the app drawer...this allows me to say "navigate to wherever" while in the vehicle...instead of typing it. I used to just long press my search softkey...but..since those are gone...so is the function (unless its enabled in the softkey mod). As you can see...Im highly interested in fuctions that improve safety on the roadways....google just needs to get onboard with this.

/end rant :p

Last edited:

element192

Reaction score
I used Klipsch s4a and the klipsch control app is over-ridden by the stock one....rendering my extra expensive headphones useless for anything other than play/pause.

Hey Yakitori, on a side note. How do you like the Klipsch S4A's? I was looking at those but my local Costco had the V-Moda Remix 4S on sale for a pretty good price, but every person I called complained that their voice echoed back to them. I even tried them with my wife's iPhone calling me and it was the same issue. So any complaints from people using the Klipsch earbuds?

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey Yakitori, on a side note. How do you like the Klipsch S4A's? I was looking at those but my local Costco had the V-Moda Remix 4S on sale for a pretty good price, but every person I called complained that their voice echoed back to them. I even tried them with my wife's iPhone calling me and it was the same issue. So any complaints from people using the Klipsch earbuds?

Love mine. They block ambient noise really well. Bass mid and high is all very balanced and clear. Its just me and the music when I put them in. I love mine. All the reviews I've seen were good. Cnet gave em a good review. I'm happy I got em.

sent from unlocked gnex

element192

Reaction score
Love mine. They block ambient noise really well. Bass mid and high is all very balanced and clear. Its just me and the music when I put them in. I love mine. All the reviews I've seen were good. Cnet gave em a good review. I'm happy I got em.
Okay cool, thanks for letting me know. I'm just hoping they don't cause any annoying echo issues.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Okay cool, thanks for letting me know. I'm just hoping they don't cause any annoying echo issues.

I haven't experienced any between my nex or my tbolt.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums