So who's fault is it?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay this thread is NOT meant to speculate on the release date of any OTA but just to get a general census of why people think the OTA is taking so freaking long...

So, is it the fault of:
1 - Motorola - for some possible hardware issues or just poor in-house adaptation/development of the source
2 - Google - for poor source, lack of support or some other issue
3 - VZW - waiting for the Nexus of other marketing BS
4 - App makers - Conflicts or other issues maybe?
5 - Google Market - no stability or standardization enforced by Google leading towards a LOT of bad apps

My vote is #1 followed closely by #5. How about you all?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I rather them hurry up with flash capability. As far as the ota; i think people are sweating it way too much.

OP
KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I rather them hurry up with flash capability. As far as the ota; i think people are sweating it way too much.

I agree... but then I have been using cooked/OC'd ROMs for a while so I've been enjoying the benefits. I really can't imaging having to use the stock ROM... a buddy just bought a new Droid and we switched for a few minutes so he could see what the ROMs were about.... HOLLY H3LL the stock ROM is slow and ugly...

But personally I think it's either Moto or VZW... given the great ROMs that the chefs have been putting out with their limited time and resources... either Moto REALLY sucks (which they do) or their is some other reason they (or VZW) is holding off....

Just thought it'd be cool to see what the rest of the community thinks.:icon_ banana::icon_ devil:

Kack

Reaction score
i believe it is adobe's fault but not a blame game because i would like a full version of adobe with 2.1. eh i dont care i just want Black Droids V7

toddegreene

Reaction score
Don't care whose fault, although I think mostly #1. There's really nothing 2.1 can give that I'd be interested in except, Flash and loading apps from the sd card. Our devs have done a fantastic job making the Droid more capable than originally released.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
it is what it is. I am enjoying my roms and will get it when i get it.......or not. Its funny that people are on motorolas facebook page cussing them out over an update. Its sad, but to add; I allowed this dude with an iphone to play with my rooted droid. Showed him wifi tether, 2,1 senseui, live wall paper, o/c and it had the glass theme. He said "I played with other droids and they look plain, but man this thing is badd@..,"
He could not look at his iphone the same way after that.\ lol.

Kack

Reaction score
the majority of ppl dont care what else droid does or what iphone doesnt they are just content. im greedy i want more from my droid and i am happy that droid delivers.

DROID DOES

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
its actaully my fault; i wanted more time to play with roms, so i called motorola and asked them to push back the ota.

In all honesty; though I wish moto/vzw would be more open on what is happening, ie problem with such and such, we did get an update a couple months back and the phone is not having any major issues where an update is needed. If moto would not have allowed the ota to have been leaked, we would have been happy with our phones and not worry about an update. THis ota stuff has gotten to a point that it is getting ridiculous. Trust me unless it contains adobe flash those that are rooted and install the 2.1 ota will just start a bunch of thread about how much of a let down it was and that you can not believe that they did not add _________ .

I have a request for the mods/admins, I would like to be the first to start the "I am disappointed in the 2.1 update" Can I go ahead and start that.......I'm not asking to have it stickied, just that you not close it or move it. Let me kno lol.

Last edited:

carbonnoid

Reaction score
Why does anyone care about the 2.1 ota anymore? Just get a rom? I love my droid and my life backgrounds.

deputc26

Reaction score
lol, the lack of ota really hasn't mattered to me since 2.1 roms built on real Droid 2.1 "releases" came out despite the lack of an ota update, the scrolling and keyboard seem a lot better in 2.1 and the live wallpapers are bomb (try "Live Waterpaper").

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Motorola has submitted 2.1 to Verizon. It failed Verizon's security testing so changes had to be made to it before it can pass the security checks. From what I have read this has happened twice now. So all in all its Verizon's fault. I would rather it be delayed and have no issues then it be rushed and have problems.

This is also why Verizon was the last to release a blackberry update. When they finally came out they were flawless (most of the time)

bpad10

Reaction score
Its amusing to hear everyone say update 2.1 is no big deal, yet their rooted and have 2.1. I have have yet to jump and if the ROM's weren't available I'm sure most of you would be clamoring for 2.1 also. To say get over it is ridiculous. I would prefer my 2.1 form Motorola. I am not very tech savvy and don't want to chance it. (Family moto: Murphy's law). So...to say get over it or its no big deal, WHILE YOUR RUNNING IT yourself is upsetting.......I can't wait for 2.1, I just want the one promised to us...

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm awaiting the ota, so that the first ones who get it will give the rest of us an update.zip to install.

I would have rooted by now, and may yet do so, but I figured that if it finally happened, that the dev's out there would have the "finished" 2.1 to work with, root it and then release ROMS on it, that would then be the time to go with it.

I've seen one person's OC'd and ROM'd Droid, man it is totally compelling to do after seeing it live.:)