So who's fault is it?

bpad10

Reaction score
Its amusing to hear everyone say update 2.1 is no big deal, yet their rooted and have 2.1. I have have yet to jump and if the ROM's weren't available I'm sure most of you would be clamoring for 2.1 also. To say get over it is ridiculous. I would prefer my 2.1 form Motorola. I am not very tech savvy and don't want to chance it. (Family moto: Murphy's law). So...to say get over it or its no big deal, WHILE YOUR RUNNING IT yourself is upsetting.......I can't wait for 2.1, I just want the one promised to us...

Actually, I wouldn't. I couldn't care less about the OTA because it doesn't include a DAMN thing of real value. Live wallpapers? Worthless, lag the phone (even if only slightly) and are generally covered up by icons
I don't remember saying anything about live wallpaper...I am under the assumption that this OTA also speeds up your phone...multitouch would be nice, ect, ect...

Many of you are missing the point, its not that we don't have 2.1 (if we desperately wanted it we would root) its the lack of communication by these large companies....my family owns a business and if a costumer has a question, you oblige. You don't ignore them. "Soon" or "we don't know" are cop-outs....keeping your customers in-the-know makes them feel close knit and attached to that company....alienating them doesn't allow customers to produce that bond and may deter them from buying that brand.....

M

Matth3w

Updates are a FREE benefit only. Not promised, not advertised officially by moto or vzw. Anyone that buys the phone because of a potential future update and isn't happy with what the phone can do the day they take it out of the box is, for lack of any better term...either naive or an idiot because those updates are not guaranteed. When you sign your contract it doesn't say "we promise to provide you x updates in x amount of time.". I agree with the poster that said people are just impatient.

If they rushed it and there were bugs people would *****. If they wait people *****. If it doesn't include what some blog speculates that it would, people *****. They can't win. The end user is such a pain in the ass.

I've been modifying my cars for years and this issue always comes up with custom parts. The customer files a chargeback if they don't have it in two weeks because they aren't patient enough to wat for something that takes a lot of work

M

Matth3w

By the way my post isn't directed at anyone in specific so don't get your panites in a bunch :)

Mjaydakid

Reaction score
Why isn't there a "None of the Above" slot. I have no place to place my vote. Droid as it stands - without any rooting - is the best phone I've used. The only improvement I can think of that it needs is to be as reliable as my home-based land-line. That is not a function of the phone but of the cellular process in general.

johnnieeve

Reaction score
I am not a tech savey fellow so I have no choice but to wait for any and all upgrades Mot/Goggle/Vzn can supply.

I love my Droid and depend on it daily. However, buying it back on November 8th was just the beginning of my Droid experience, not the end. We hear talk of "Superphones" and "World class phones". I believe our Droid comes close to being one of those. But, not without solid upgrades. Most everything that needs to be added/improved to our Droid has been mentioned here many times.

The Droid team hit a solid triple by releasing the Droid. Now, when they bring on those last few improvements, they'll knock it outta the park. We're loyal fans, at least for now, but we at least need to see a few good hits along the way, so we all stay in the game.

OP
KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why isn't there a "None of the Above" slot. I have no place to place my vote. Droid as it stands - without any rooting - is the best phone I've used. The only improvement I can think of that it needs is to be as reliable as my home-based land-line. That is not a function of the phone but of the cellular process in general.

Because this isn't a "are you interested in an update" ect. thread. It's specifically asking members who they think is responsible for the holdup in development and release of the OTA which they (BOTH Moto and VZW) have long said is coming and will be released.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am not a tech savey fellow so I have no choice but to wait for any and all upgrades Mot/Goggle/Vzn can supply.

I love my Droid and depend on it daily. However, buying it back on November 8th was just the beginning of my Droid experience, not the end. We hear talk of "Superphones" and "World class phones". I believe our Droid comes close to being one of those. But, not without solid upgrades. Most everything that needs to be added/improved to our Droid has been mentioned here many times.

The Droid team hit a solid triple by releasing the Droid. Now, when they bring on those last few improvements, they'll knock it outta the park. We're loyal fans, at least for now, but we at least need to see a few good hits along the way, so we all stay in the game.

It almost seems as if the droid was made for developers to make mods and roms. I find it odd that updates are "leaked" then developers are able to take pieces of it and build custom roms, that works great for the droid.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

It almost seems as if the droid was made for developers to make mods and roms. I find it odd that updates are "leaked" then developers are able to take pieces of it and build custom roms, that works great for the droid.

This must be your first smartphone, otherwise you wouldn't find that odd ;)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

No I had an iphone but this is the first phone where I followed a forum just to learn about hacks, tweaks, and updates.

styx

Reaction score
Ever since I put BB 7.5 on this phone I have absolutely no need for any upgrade. NONE!
I've got Swype and tether and the phone came with everything else I needed. I'm trying to think of what else they could possibly do that would make my cell phone experience better? It runs perfect the way it is.

OP
KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

No I had an iphone but this is the first phone where I followed a forum just to learn about hacks, tweaks, and updates.

Ah, that explains it:icon_ devil:... many people (myself included) don't really consider the iPhoney a 'smatphone' as much as a multimedia device. But regardless devs have been hacking and developing for real smartphones (BB and WM devices) for a LONG time. Even the iPhoney is hackable just not to the same extent such as customizing the OS ect. (though I may be wrong, don't pay much attention to Apple's stuff, sure someone around has done it).

Last edited:

dredge

Reaction score
it was because apple sued htc for copying their layout (something related to that)
and that thing whatever it was came on 2.1

blame apple, not verizon
goon

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Just another speculation. Nobody knows for certain that is the case.

Nobody in this thread anyway.