New D2 ROM leak: 2.3.15

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
NOTE: This is now an "old" release/leak...we have a 2.4.5 leak and the Fission blur-free ROMs as well that are both newer.

Leaked D2 OTA upgrade in update.zip format, deodexed...no change log or any sort of summary of changes yet.

Do a nandroid backup first, of course.

If you've themed or applied a ROM and want to try this you'll likely want to wipe /System to avoid potential conflicts.

MDW and TBH present: 2.3.15 for the Droid2

I installed - all my apps were restored properly. Haven't played w/it that much but it seems to run fine.

Market seems slow is the only difference I've noted, but that happens all the time so likely not ROM-related.

Just speculation, but this leak could contain fixes for some of the issues that have been discussed, including Exchange requiring a PIN even when server settings don't enforce that...be interesting if someone w/that issue tried this ROM.

Last edited:

jediman

Reaction score
If you want the new 2.3.20 update, don't install this one.
I have it and have to SBF back to factory in order to succesfully install the update either OTA or otherwise.

At least until a new rom is made of 2.3.20.

philhm

Reaction score
Excuse the Rookie question but is there any reason to upgrade to this if I have a Fission ROM? If so what would be the best way to go about it? SBF?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

wcramernc

Reaction score
Excuse the Rookie question but is there any reason to upgrade to this if I have a Fission ROM? If so what would be the best way to go about it? SBF?

Not sure why you'd want to. Personally I love being Blur-less and don't want to go back to that!

philhm

Reaction score

Not sure why you'd want to. Personally I love being Blur-less and don't want to go back to that!

Got it thanks.. just wasnt sure if there was a reason to - say a better connectivity etc.. anyway will continue to use Fission - It is great and getting better :)

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is now an "old" release/leak...we have a 2.4.5 leak and the Fission blur-free ROM as well that are both newer.