So...What ONE function sold you on the Droid?

engineerjoe

Reaction score
I haven't seen this posted yet so I'll say it.
What really hooked me on the droid was the ability to use it as an MP3 player.

My Zune kept freezing and I was going to buy a new MP3 player anyway, so why not get mobile internet, a scientific calculator, GPS, 5 MP camera, handheld game console, oh, and a phone too.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
google support/ android os in general... i waited for a long time for VZ to pick up an Android phone

RyanS2000

Reaction score
GPS turn-by-turn directions sold me. I needed\wanted GPS for directions and the droid solves this problem as well as providing many other awesome features in a phone.

After having the phone for 2+ months I realize the phone is all together awesome. Would buy it again in a heartbeat. I rarely ever use the GPS but its nice to know it's there the 2 times I may get lost in a year.

artc33

Reaction score
Finally this thread!!

I was ready to dump my lg dare and get a regular phone to make phone calls and text, and get a MP3 player and a gps for my car.
All of the sudden, there it was on tv, the sexiest, sleekest pocket computer anyone without a smart phone would like to have.
It's all about the google/3g experience. So i started watching videos about it and went to a verizon store to checked it out, and after about an hour and 20,000 questions, i was the happiest mexican there ever was. there is a lot of things that sold me, but that's pretty much what did it.

hiimjered

Reaction score
For my wife it was either the fact she got one free when I bought one, or the Nav feature - which is incredible.

For me it was a little tougher. It was one of the fastest android phones available. It had a slide-out keyboard. I like the android SDK. I hate apple's I-tunes restrictions. But overall it was the google experience - the smooth integration of search maps and navigation that sold me.

Now I use the phone for several devices I used to use. I no longer use my MP3 player, my GPS pedometer or my GPS navigator - the phone replaced all three. Once we get flash and/or silverlight support, we'll be set.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I hardly knew anything about the droid before I ordered it, other than that android sounded like a cool OS. I wanted a touch screen and refuse to go with apple products/att and the storm just didn't feel right. The Droid is the best gadget purchase I've ever made.