So...What ONE function sold you on the Droid?

Death3044

Reaction score
USB tethering so I can get off this crappy 1k latency 200mb a day from hughesnet.

raider1970

Reaction score
This may sound stupid, but the first time I heard "ddrrooiidd" on the commercial, I knew I had to have this phone, and have loved it ever since!:)

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
One thing? The phones close ties with GOOGLE. That was super important and very exciting for me since I use gmail, calendar, talk, docs (when we getting an actual google app for this now), maps, and so much more in my daily life.

The second thing that sold though me was that it had a really nice slide out qwerty keyboard, and ever since I had a voyager, enV, and enV2... I just cant take a phone with only a touchscreen keyboard.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
All kinds of things would have convinced me if I'd known about the features at the time, but truthfully, the one thing that convinced me to switch was that it was a smartphone with a screen bright enough to be other than useless in the sunshine.

Slider46

Reaction score
I wanted a smartphone for web/entertainment but didn't want the iPhone. The Droid does just about everything I want and I got to stay with Verizon.

I guess the one feature on the phone that I really like is the OS. Android/Google is great. I can voice search for directions, restaurants, or voice dial someone without having to repeat myself two or three times. Open source is awesome (I love to tweak with stuff :) )

plaidman

Reaction score
Definitely my favorite feature is the ability to use it like an external harddrive. The inability for my old iphone to do that was my most hated "feature" of that phone.

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
I can't narrow it to only one - I had a dual requirement when I was looking for a new phone.

For me, it was the open source OS and the physical keyboard. I'd looked at plenty of other phones that had one or the other, but it was the combination of the two with the Droid that actually sold me.

khelek

Reaction score
Since the iPhone was introduced, I must admit I had envy. However, I'm an open source zealot and I'm a Verizon customer. I decided that I wasn't going to upgrade my phone until there was an Android phone on Verizon.

So, what sold me on the Droid? It was Android. On Verizon.

(I'm glad I didn't hear about the Eris first :) )

Anomander

Reaction score
The fact that it is not an iPhone and not having to switch providers.