So, I'll be getting the Nexus tomorrow

GreenAcid

Reaction score
I'm pretty excited about it. I've had 3 phones in the past year, and this one looks actually promising. I originally had iPhone, then got the Bionic, and didn't care for MotoBlur, then went to Incredible 2, and now getting the G-Nex.

I've talked to a slew of people about it. My brother has it. and the reviews seem kind of Mixed, but more in favor of the phone, then Not. If that makes sense? I Currently went to Costco, and stopped by the Kiosk to ask the guy what he did and did not like about it. To my surprise, He said he hated any Android phone that wasn't HTC lol. He said he hates the feeling of a naked phone. and likes how HTC Sense, does all the customizing for you. lol. that kind of made me giggle.

He said that the G-Nex in his eyes, was dumb. He wasn't fond of the "Nakedness" and having to customize it himself. and then Tried to tell me that a handful of people that have purchased from that particular Kiosk, all returned their device and went with the Rezound. (not sure if that's true or him just plugging HTC).

I know It'll be a good phone. My brother has had it since launch, and hasn't had one issue with it. Of course he rooted/modded his, but still. I think that now would be the time he would be complaining. Not to mention, he's hooking me up with his upgrade to get one and recommended me getting it.

This goes out to all the Nex owners who still have theres, but what do you like and NOT like about the phone?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, a guy who works at a phone kiosk that likes Sense =P

The thing I don't like about the phone, hrm, maybe the camera in low light?

Battery life isn't great if you're really using the phone a lot, but 4G is really the culprit.

You don't even have to enjoy customizing/modding to purchase the Nexus, vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich is really great by itself.

The only thing I've really added is SMS pop up and I'm using Quickpic as my gallery instead of stock to get rid of excess gallery categories.

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not Really worried about heavy use on my phone. I have a tablet, and a computer. so basically my phone takes a backseat to give me my updates and stuff when I'm away from all that.

I was thinking of putting ADW or Go Ex on it. I Really enjoyed having those on my DINC2. and of course Go keyboard, and SMS. I don't have 4G here yet so i don't have to worry about battery life for right now.

I was just wondering what are the features those of you (us?) who waited, dislike about the phone. And yeah. This guy was THE BIGGEST poser nerd I've ever seen. He looked like one, but the moment he opened his mouth and said "Sense" i was like ya bye. lol and walked away. I mean com'on. Even my fiancee doesn't use Sense lol.

ddfuji

Reaction score
Nexus is on amazon for 99 for Verizon. Last time i checked

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

ddfuji

Reaction score
nope. 259 for existing customers.

Open a new line. Put dummy phone on line, pull nexus off the line and put on your line, get new sim card for your number. Pay 10 bucks a month for the two year contract. And wa la.

jrpbulk

Reaction score
just read on cnet amazon has the gnex $100 off

I'm pretty excited about it. I've had 3 phones in the past year, and this one looks actually promising. I originally had iPhone, then got the Bionic, and didn't care for MotoBlur, then went to Incredible 2, and now getting the G-Nex.

I've talked to a slew of people about it. My brother has it. and the reviews seem kind of Mixed, but more in favor of the phone, then Not. If that makes sense? I Currently went to Costco, and stopped by the Kiosk to ask the guy what he did and did not like about it. To my surprise, He said he hated any Android phone that wasn't HTC lol. He said he hates the feeling of a naked phone. and likes how HTC Sense, does all the customizing for you. lol. that kind of made me giggle.

He said that the G-Nex in his eyes, was dumb. He wasn't fond of the "Nakedness" and having to customize it himself. and then Tried to tell me that a handful of people that have purchased from that particular Kiosk, all returned their device and went with the Rezound. (not sure if that's true or him just plugging HTC).

I know It'll be a good phone. My brother has had it since launch, and hasn't had one issue with it. Of course he rooted/modded his, but still. I think that now would be the time he would be complaining. Not to mention, he's hooking me up with his upgrade to get one and recommended me getting it.

This goes out to all the Nex owners who still have theres, but what do you like and NOT like about the phone?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

ddfuji

Reaction score
I don't have the credit for a new account.

Its a new line onto your existing account. But this method makes more sense when its cheaper. Im doing it with my razr. Amazon had them for a penny back in December.

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
I appreciate all this. just not sure What this has to do with my OP? lol

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
oh. Yeah, It's not my account to begin with. It's my Mom's. and we already have the max amount of lines on our account. Other wise I would do that.

JJDH

Reaction score
I just switched to nexus from bionic. I am absolutely happy I did. No issues. The phone is silky smooth. Download volume + and your good to go. I really haven't found anything to complain about. I haven't had signal or data issues. The radio seems a bit weak and usually hovers around two bars but it hasn't created a problem for me. Switching 3 to 4 g has worked properly. Depending on area it can take 60 seconds to finish thinking about the switch but that's it. So far so good.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Awesome, JJ. Thank you. That's exactly what I'm looking for. I Did like the Speed of the Bionic. I'm so excited. Probably won't sleep tonight LoL

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Awesome, JJ. Thank you. That's exactly what I'm looking for. I Did like the Speed of the Bionic. I'm so excited. Probably won't sleep tonight LoL

I couldn't believe it but I had trouble getting to sleep the night before the Nexus came out. I wouldn't admit that to anyone but other forum members! Maximum nerdiness! :D