Nexus Dropping on Friday?

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I don't think they know either. I have asked several employees at different locations. None could even give me any type of answer. The answers seemed very genuine. I did check out the Rezound however and I love the way the phone feels in my hand. I wish it had the HDMI out and the screen like the Razr does. Also hope the Nexus has the same type feel as the Rezound. I seriously do not like the thin feel of the Razr.

Chatchie

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with VZW as well. I asked if I was eligible for an upgrade and he said "Yes, would like to use it now?". I said yes and Id like the Nexus. He said he'd never heard of it but would look it up. After a minute he says "Here it is" and I got super excited. He then proceeded to tell me that he has it in his system but has no other info on it.

How can they have no info in there system yet its gonna be released in a few days? I dont think Friday is gonna happen.

I know he could have been lying to me but it sounded like he really was looking and trying to help me out.

doublea500

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with VZW as well. I asked if I was eligible for an upgrade and he said "Yes, would like to use it now?". I said yes and Id like the Nexus. He said he'd never heard of it but would look it up. After a minute he says "Here it is" and I got super excited. He then proceeded to tell me that he has it in his system but has no other info on it.

How can they have no info in there system yet its gonna be released in a few days? I dont think Friday is gonna happen.

I know he could have been lying to me but it sounded like he really was looking and trying to help me out.

a vzw rep will not lie to you. a company cant ask employers, that low down of ranks in the company to lie. just think about it, its insane and word would of eventually gotten out eventually if that happened. higher ranks just dont tell the reps the details about the gnexus. they know as much as we know and probably even less about it. im sure that when the release date is announced, itll be completely in the system with the info filled in.

and btw gratz on your 100th post catchie. you are now a true member of the community :D

this is my 700th btw. what a coincidence aiint it!

labguy

Reaction score
I can believe they really don't know. I went to the local verizon on the day the rezound was released. I went in at 1pm. They had been open for hours. I asked a rep how the sales for it had been, and I promise, she said, "I don't think we can sell those yet." I assured her it was the day. She asked the manager who quickly made an announcement to the staff that they were selling them. She then went in the back to get one for me to see. There were none on display. So, i can see why these people don't all answer the same.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
ice456789

ice456789

Reaction score
It seems that every store person that actually thinks they know the date all agree that it's Friday. That's 3 days from now folks.

wickedkae

Reaction score
You guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment I think. My guess would be at best we get to pre order here in the US. Don't think I have seen a phone clear fcc and then launch only a few days later.

jscharf10

Reaction score
maybe or maybe not?

I'm about to go to verizon now (a corperate store lol) an I'm gonna go ahead an question them about the nexus ill let you guys know how it goes... not gonna lie usually its me teaching them about there new phones an plans coming out an I'm a little buzzing from the bar so things should be interesting

EL Lacost

Reaction score
I went in 2day to my local verizon and tgey do not know the date he said it might be until next month

Odin Rooted Samsung Fascinate

EL Lacost

Reaction score
They also said they hadnt gotten accesories out yet mayb its just my vzw store is a lil behind

Odin Rooted Samsung Fascinate

alucard9114

Reaction score
I can believe they really don't know. I went to the local verizon on the day the rezound was released. I went in at 1pm. They had been open for hours. I asked a rep how the sales for it had been, and I promise, she said, "I don't think we can sell those yet." I assured her it was the day. She asked the manager who quickly made an announcement to the staff that they were selling them. She then went in the back to get one for me to see. There were none on display. So, i can see why these people don't all answer the same.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

This story belongs in my thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/galaxy-nexus/182256-retailer-has-clue.html

alucard9114

Reaction score
I'm about to go to verizon now (a corperate store lol) an I'm gonna go ahead an question them about the nexus ill let you guys know how it goes... not gonna lie usually its me teaching them about there new phones an plans coming out an I'm a little buzzing from the bar so things should be interesting

Well?