So I was at a party and saw the Droid X...

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Grimster

...and it just looked ridiculous compared to the phones everyone else had (iphones, Droid Inc, samsung galaxy S, . This guy pulls out this massive block out of this side pocket of his pants because it does not fit in a front jeans pocket. Everyone was commenting to him how they thought it must be a burden to carry along every where you go. Compared to phones everyone else had it looked like old technology due to its massive size.

There was even a girl with an LG Dare talking smack. It was hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:

ekf028

Reaction score
The size is not really that big of deal. Fits just fine in my pockets. Big size makes web browsing, watching videos, and gaming a whole lot better.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

erict

Reaction score
...and it just looked ridiculous compared to the phones everyone else had (iphones, Droid Inc, samsung galaxy S, . This guy pulls out this massive block out of this side pocket of his pants because it does not fit in a front jeans pocket. Everyone was commenting to him how they thought it must be a burden to carry along every where you go. Compared to phones everyone else had it looked like old technology due to its massive size.

There was even a girl with an LG Dare talking smack. It was hilarious.

So when are you getting an X.

OP
G

Grimster

Its just looked funny and everyone thought it was an outdated device since it could not fit in the front pocket of a pair of jeans. Even the girl with an LG Dare thought so.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The fact that it has one of the largest capacative touch screens on the market made it look out of date?

tappin and a talkin

ekf028

Reaction score
Its just looked funny and everyone thought it was an outdated device since it could not fit in the front pocket of a pair of jeans. Even the girl with an LG Dare thought so.

Wow... how tight were these jeans?

OP
G

Grimster

Im not bitter im just posting what I saw and what others reactions were. I had the same reaction, I shook my head and thought "How can anyone bring that thing along with them every where they go" I can see a girl maybe being OK with this device since they carry a purse, but a guy has nothing but his pockets. The Droid X does not fit in a front pocket of jeans. To me the unit is just a joke and a laugh every time I see someone in public that owns and or is using one. Its just how I feel.

My second grip about the phone is the massive thickness where the camera is. This is an awful design IMO and poor engineering. There is no reason for the phone to thicken out so massively when there is plenty of room to make a slim phone like the LG Optimus Black. It just looks really stupid how it gets really thick at the top. Makes no sense. Its just as much of a stupid design as the original Droid where the screen did not cover the entire phone.

Its just amazing how Motorola engineers think of these designs (massive thickening at the top of Droid X, Screen not covering the phone on original Droid) and think to themselves "Yes this is a good idea". This stupidity boggles my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
J

Johnly

I bet it had a Kraken case or something. My X is skinny, and the girls say it is hot!

This sounds bad....ha ha

gottcha

Reaction score
Ha he must have had skinny jean ha barrroed from his gf

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is a big device, no doubt about it, especially if you add a case on it. I don't think the size would bother me, cuz I would really dig the screen real estate compared to my D1. But, it ain't for everyone. Thankfully, the manufacturers give us enuf choices that just about anyone can find an Andy device that's right for them. Unlike other OS manufacturers... ;)

Yeah, I'm still OG D1.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ha he must have had skinny jean ha barrroed from his gf

Exactly. I wear man jeans, Levis 501s, and I could fit a family sedan in my front pocket. The x is by no means too large to fit in your pocket. The thickness by the camera, ya ok I'll give you that. That's my one aesthetic complaint.

tappin and a talkin

want a droid

Reaction score
+1 to probably wearing skinny jeans. A guy wearing skinny jeans doesn't deserve an X anyways :)

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm the opposite - I would like something like the camera ridge for me to prop/brace my index finger when I'm on the phone.

Yeah, I'm still OG D1.

OP
G

Grimster

Someone answer why the droid X gets so ridiculously THICK where the camera is. There is no reason for this but poor engineer? The LG Optimus Black is slim all the way through with no ridiculous bulge like on the droid X.

Status
Not open for further replies.