So I have an Upgrade coming up...

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
I have an upgrade available next month (April), and have no idea whether I should get a new phone or hold out for awhile till I can find a solid phone with a slide-out keyboard. While I like the new Thunderbolt, and upcoming Bionic. I just don't see myself enjoying the phones as much as I currently do with my D1.

So, I'm asking you, the Community for advice and any help you would care to share my way. lol I have seen some stuff about the Droid X2 but still I love my Physical Keyboard and am not quite ready to give it up.

Thank you everyone in advance! :D

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure why you need advice. Is the physical keyboard a must-have or not? That should answer your question.

OP
Yonnor

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Sorry, just wanted to see what other people would recommend...guess I'll take my queries else where.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Well if you want a physical keyboard you can get either the Merge or the D3 when they come out. Those are your only options. At least from what's been leaked so far.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
The non physical keyboard phones are getting better and you would be amazed how accurate the typing really is.

Don't let ignorant posts stop you from seeing what other people have to say about your situation

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I agree with Wuzz. The keyboards are so good that you're bound to find one that you like. That's the great thing about Android, choice. You may want to try only using the touch screen keyboard on your phone and seeing if you can live with it. If so, it'll open up a lot more options for you.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
Yonnor

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
I've been trying my friends DX and its not too bad. Also I recently saw that the D3 most likely won't be out for awhile.

I may just get a phone to tide me over till the D3. I will have to see how much of a rebate I will receive and I shall try and go from there.

spillner

Reaction score
Let me ask you, do you really need a new phone? I only ask because it seems like everyone on here jumps to the "next best thing" as soon as they're contract is up. I have a D1 with SS 5.1 and so far I can't see a reason to jump ship just yet. JMO

OP
Yonnor

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I love my OG Droid, its working beautifully with PE and all. I'm just looking at my options.

Realistically I'd rather upgrade then have to go through a boatload of refurbished phones once my D1 finally croaks.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i understand your line of thinking. personally, i do like the pkb, and i'm really intrigued to see what upgrades the D3 has in the pkb. early indications are that the D3 won't be LTE, but that's a minor issue for me. what i really want to see is (again), the pkb, whether it has a 4" screen, and dual core.

i'm not making a move until i see the D3, and probably the Targa (check the News section), and maybe even the Atrix (on VZW). i'm in for a bit of a wait, but i don't want to burn my upgrade when there are so many tasty rumors out there...

OP
Yonnor

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
i understand your line of thinking. personally, i do like the pkb, and i'm really intrigued to see what upgrades the D3 has in the pkb. early indications are that the D3 won't be LTE, but that's a minor issue for me. what i really want to see is (again), the pkb, whether it has a 4" screen, and dual core.

i'm not making a move until i see the D3, and probably the Targa (check the News section), and maybe even the Atrix (on VZW). i'm in for a bit of a wait, but i don't want to burn my upgrade when there are so many tasty rumors out there...

Yeah I saw a nice exert on the D3, Targa, and the DX2 over on Droid-Life. I just wish we could get a definite launch date within the next few months so I know whether its worth waiting for a new one, or getting one to tide me over till the time comes with a phone I really want.

royolpunk

Reaction score
i would get the htc merge if that physical keyboard is a must.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yeah I saw a nice exert on the D3, Targa, and the DX2 over on Droid-Life. I just wish we could get a definite launch date within the next few months so I know whether its worth waiting for a new one, or getting one to tide me over till the time comes with a phone I really want.

early rumors are that VZW will be launching D3 to compete with iP5. so that would mean probly somewhere in the Aug/Sep time frame. that would also make sense given that the Atrix (and maybe now the Targa) are coming in Q4...

Savagehearts

Reaction score
Does the thunderbolt or the bionic have a swype keyboard like the fascinate?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App