SMS-Text Message View Report Status Gone After Update

southplank

Reaction score
Prior to the GB update I could long press on a sent text message and one of the choices was "view report". From there I could see the status of a sent message, like "pending" or "delivered". No more after the update. Message Details is still there and that shows delivered, but I dont know what that relates to, it always says delivered even when I know the recipient's phone is off. View Report was a real indication if the recipient's phone got the text. This was something I used everyday texting my kid to see if her phone was turned on or not. Also I have some contacts that travel in remote areas with no service, so I could tell when they got my message. Is there another way or or is this capability gone?

becker2168

Reaction score
Prior to the GB update I could long press on a sent text message and one of the choices was "view report". From there I could see the status of a sent message, like "pending" or "delivered". No more after the update. Message Details is still there and that shows delivered, but I dont know what that relates to, it always says delivered even when I know the recipient's phone is off. View Report was a real indication if the recipient's phone got the text. This was something I used everyday texting my kid to see if her phone was turned on or not. Also I have some contacts that travel in remote areas with no service, so I could tell when they got my message. Is there another way or or is this capability gone?

I have the same problem with the default SMS and Handcent. I solved it by downloading GO SMS. That DOES return a note under the message indicating that it was received

OP
S

southplank

Reaction score
Thanks. I gave Go SMS a try and at first it did not show a delivery status. I went into settings and saw that I needed to check a box to request a delivery report. So I did that and it worked. Then I got wondering and I looked into the stock message app and in settings, there was a box to check to request a delivery report. I'm not sure if that was always there and it just became unchecked after the update or if its a new feature. Anyway, go SMS worked and also my stock app is back the way I liked it, so thank you for the tip.

SDGuy

Reaction score
I have a Droid Pro and this was the most frustrating omission for me in GB. I depended on the "View Report" menu item to verify that a text was ACTUALLY received by fellow Verizon customers (kids, colleagues, etc). If I look back at old texts before the GB update, the "View Report" menu item is actually still there but it now reports UNSUCCESSFUL on messages I know had gone through.

THANK YOU Southplank for this tip! Go to TEXT MESSAGING : MESSAGING SETTINGS : DELIVERY REPORTS and simply check the box. Fixed! I am really miffed that the GB update for the Droid Pro (2 months after other phones) still has all these bugs where prior settings were messed with!

OP
S

southplank

Reaction score
Glad you got that working, SDGuy. I have been hating my phone since the GB update. The final straw was my calander alerts started becoming unreliable, either not sounding or sounding hours late. I ended up doing factory reset a few weeks ago. That was well worth doing, its like a new phone again. My screen had gotten sluggish and unresponsive at times. Lots of little nonrepeatable quirks too. Its pretty much all good now. The only odd thing was after the reset, I found my calendar was not syncing with google. The problem was new items were only being saved on the phone calendar unless I chose to save to google each time. So I told the phone not to show the phone calendar and all was good. I dont recall having to think about where to save calendar items before GB messed with everything.

SDGuy

Reaction score
I wish the GB update packagers had done a better job of collecting all existing phone settings before applying the update. But at this point I think you are right that a factory reset is the only solution to all the little bugs. My Droid Pro keeps unpredictably resetting to "Global" instead of "CDMA" which causes big battery drain. Is there any way to save the email pop account info for all of my pop accounts? I'd hate to have to reenter all that.

OP
S

southplank

Reaction score
Is there any way to save the email pop account info for all of my pop accounts? I'd hate to have to reenter all that.

Not that I know of. I tried the app "My Backup", but it did not do that. I only have 2 email accounts and I wrote down the settings. Of course I missed one, lol, and spent some time wondering why it wasnt working right. Make sure all of your contacts are on google. GB messed up my contacts sync too and recently added contacts had not synced with google. You can also export them to sd card. Then you have an additional contacts backup besides google.

JaeleesMomma

Reaction score
i dont remember updating my handcent app. but i can no longer see my delivery report.. why is that? all the delivery report buttons are ON!

carest

Reaction score
Stock sms

Hi, where on the nexus s 4g for my stock sms messaging is the delivery report box to check I cant find it.???