SMS/Email Alerts..

CEversharp

Reaction score
As a new droid user coming from a Blackberry curve, im wondering if there is an app out there similiar to how my BB gave me SMS and Email alerts, right now i get a MSG on my droid and it uses the alert tone once, very easy to miss, on my BB it would keep repeating the alert (and vibrating) until i hit a side key which would silence the alert. Is there anything like this out there for Android?

mjs31

Reaction score
As a new droid user coming from a Blackberry curve, im wondering if there is an app out there similiar to how my BB gave me SMS and Email alerts, right now i get a MSG on my droid and it uses the alert tone once, very easy to miss, on my BB it would keep repeating the alert (and vibrating) until i hit a side key which would silence the alert. Is there anything like this out there for Android?

Download handcent sms and K-9. First for sms/mms and the second for email. Superior to stock and control over your alerts. There are also 3rd party apps that allow you to adjust notifications, but I still suggest these two apps for all of your sms and email stuff. Just remember to turn off notifications in the stock sms and email apps once you get the other setup.

Also remember to look in all of your settings for each app you get. There is a lot of tweaking that can generally be done.

OP
C

CEversharp

Reaction score
I use MissedCall now, but not being able to silence the the tones via an outside button is quite annoying, especially if im in a conversation and have to tell the person to hold on while i take phone out of pocket, login, and click the alert notification.

wendy5001

Reaction score
I have a hotmail acct as my main email and am NOT alerted at all to any new messages, I have to go to my email icon and d/l them. K9 would not support since not a paid account. The verizon rep told me it would, just not as often as my BB did, but only if I turn off my phone and restart does it check for them. Any app or setting to change this? NO desire to tell all my contacts I now have gmail only!