Repeat Notification Tone?

Reaction score
Shame on you Android!

Is there someplace like an Android feedback site that we can kindly post a suggestion for the developers to pull their heads out of their... well perhaps something along those lines in a nicer tone?

Ongoing notifications, whether it be a set number or until acknowledged, makes so much sense. I'm baffled at how this simple option was forgotten. Every dumb phone on the market had it, and yet Android phones do not.

I realize there are apps for that, and that is great, but this is a basic function that every "smartphone" should have out of the box.:angry:

pushdrops

Reaction score
Is there yet a simple way for a Repeat Audio notification tone for missed called or voice mail notifications?

All older phones that I have had have always had a repeat audio alert until a voice mail is acknowledged

thanks

jimspobox

Reaction score
All this is possible, just download some apps!

There are a number of apps that will take care of this complaint and many others.

For the calendar reminder I use Calendar Snooze, works well and give you repeated notifications.

For SMS/MMS and phone call reminders I use Easy Reminder. Again works well.

For reminders for Voice Mail, I use Voicemail Notifier, yep, works well!

Hope all these help solve your problems. Also if you want a better Calendar, check out Jorte. It is far better than the stock calendar with much better widgets and options. Also has notifications.

Click on my Gallery, to the left, to see a screen shot of the Jorte widget I use. This is just one of many youi can use.

carol97

Reaction score
Thanks for the Easy Reminder tip, but why do they not include voicemail reminders as well?? Couldn't find the app Voicemail Notifier.

Why can't the Droid software fix something as basic as this?

I tried a Android phone more than a year ago and returned it for many reasons, this being one of them. I thought surely by now they would have fixed that glich. This phone may go the same way if I can't figure out a workaround.

jimspobox

Reaction score
Apps can fix this problem

Thanks for the Easy Reminder tip, but why do they not include voicemail reminders as well?? Couldn't find the app Voicemail Notifier.

Why can't the Droid software fix something as basic as this?

I tried a Android phone more than a year ago and returned it for many reasons, this being one of them. I thought surely by now they would have fixed that glich. This phone may go the same way if I can't figure out a workaround.

I have a Fascinate and I too wanted repeat notifications. I found a number of free apps that provide repeats for Calendar, email, text message and are customizable. With the apps I use, everything is perfectly the way I want it. You can even get voice reading of calendar events and text messages if you desire. Try them out and use the one that fits your needs.

bluemoon

Reaction score
Vibration Notifier.

Bit of a misnomer, as it can repeat audible notifications as well as vibration. I have it set to repeat gmail, sms, calendar, gtalk, & missed call notifications. Has worked well for me so far.
Customizable repeat interval & vibration length. Also has an option for user-defined "quiet hours", a feature I appreciate.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Lowflyer1

Reaction score
I, too, am looking for the calendar app to repeat notifications until acknowledged. Maybe they'll add that in the next upgrade. :happy3:

Lowflyer1

Reaction score
Wow! Vibration Notifier!

Is that on a Motorola Razr Maxx? An app? I can't find it. Thanks.