Repeat Notification Tone?

craigtaz

Reaction score
When I set calendar alerts with my old smartphone, the notification alert tone would ring every 5 minutes until I acknowledged it. I miss this feature...is there anyway to program the Droid to do this?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not using the alarm right now, I'm using Clock. IIRC the alarm should give you a second ring automatically after 10 minutes.

I hope I'm not confusing the alarm with the clock. I'm pretty sure thats how it works. I had this happen just the other day, and I think I had the alarm installed at that time.

SinCitySRT4

Reaction score
check out the missed call app. i think it might allow you to do this for calendar notifications​

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whoops, my bad I got confused. You want a reminder for the calendar. Well as the previous poster said check out the app. Or set an alarm.

pushdrops

Reaction score
I'd also like to know how a repeat alert (audio) can be configured for voicemail and SMS alerts.

For voicemails , both my Droid and my wife's Eris, unlike all other phones we've ever had, the voicemail audio alert is only right away a one time deal, with other phones there's a shorter alert that repeats until vm messages are acknowledged.

We just switched to Verizon, wondering if this is a phone deal or Verizon feature that's different than our past carriers, phones. ..

A one time audio alert is OK, but what if you weren't able to catch it, like if you left the room, the subsequent shorter audio alerts let you know about the voicemail without having to see the visual alert.

is there a way to setup repeating alerts for voicemail? (Without an additional apps)

Thanks

OP
C

craigtaz

Reaction score
I downloaded the missed call app....it works well for missed call notifications, but doesn't do much for calendar alerts. I was hoping for something with a repeated audible alert.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Yeah, I would love to have a repeat missed SMS/call alert because the green notification light blinks so slow, its easy for me to miss it when I quickly glance (I often do).

steveinil

Reaction score
i agree on the missed call and txt meastage waiting i leave my phone in my office alot and dont always remember to look it would be nice if it would send a reminder tone every so often letting me know i have a message waiting

pushdrops

Reaction score
Verizon or the Droid that's missing this "normal" feature?

I'm new to Verizon , is it a Verizon thing or the Droid that's missing the KEY feature ? (continuing , short audible alerts after receiving a voice mail / tex msg)

One thing that is lame with Verizon is that when you check Voice Mail from your phone , you have to enter your code (where other carriers , if you check voice mail from the phone itself, you don't have to enter the code).

Wishing sometimes I would have waited for a N1 like phone with Sprint instead of jumping to the Droid (much less $$$$ per month with Sprint over VZW and for us , the service was actually better with Sprint) ...

OP
C

craigtaz

Reaction score
I'm new to Verizon , is it a Verizon thing or the Droid that's missing the KEY feature ? (continuing , short audible alerts after receiving a voice mail / tex msg)

One thing that is lame with Verizon is that when you check Voice Mail from your phone , you have to enter your code (where other carriers , if you check voice mail from the phone itself, you don't have to enter the code).
It's a Droid thing.

I agree re: the voicemail issue. There is an easy work-a-round though.
  1. Program your cell number as a contact, labeling it "Voicemail".
  2. Add about three commas (,) after your cell number as you're programming it into the contact. These create a pause in the dialing process.
  3. Enter your passcode, followed by one or two more commas.
  4. Enter the number used (in my case it's a 1) to review your messages.
This should automate the whole process for you. Place a couple of calls to your voicemail to make sure it works smoothly. You may have to add or subtract a comma here or there to get the prompter to accept it. To make things even easier, you can place a "voicemail" speed dial icon on your home screen.

pushdrops

Reaction score
Thanks, I setup the code for voicemail, that works but a friend messed with me by obtaining my pass code (viewing my settings which contain the code) , no big deal but a recurring audible voicemail alert I'm still looking for, guessing that's a Droid, not Verizon deal.

Megaptera

Reaction score
Droid Calender and Notification Useless. DO NOT RECOMMEND FOR BUSINESS USE!!
i missED 90% of my calander remiders other notificaitons with the junk droid. The droid notifications are useless. It only permits a very short single audible/vibrate reminder of event which is not loud enough whether on desk or especially in my pocket when in the office, car, store or home with ambient background noise. Or you must manually set as many as 5 advance reminders which is crap as when in your pocket it is not long or loud enough and sounds only once.

I have had more than 5 phones prior that continued to provide choices of repeating longer louder, proper audible tones or vibrate every 5 miniutes UNITIL PHYSICALLY ACKNOWLEDGED to stop. That ensures you don't miss event. I carry my phone in my pocket. The vibrate is not strong enough and the tones are too short and not loud enough for me or anyone standing next to me to here.

I need a minimum of 6-10 calender events per week for home and work. Of those, 90% go unnoticed even when on vibrate and loudest audible tone.

After I asked the Verizon sales to show me a another phone that did not require acknowledgement to stop, they could think of one to show me. Not to say one doesn't exist, but their own phones required acknoledgment to stop the tones and they agreed this was a good feature for scheduled events, missed text, email and calls, and reminder notifications. They agreed one tone only would be a problem for them to.
This is a serious program flaw and the DROID should NEVER BE RECOMMENDED FOR BUSINESS USE.

I returned for a properly designed phone that has everything i need, no more missed messages, appointements or meetings.

Frank_B

Reaction score
craigtaz:

It appears that the Droid / Milestone will not give a repeating reminder on the calendar -- period. One can set several alarms on an event, but each of those alarms must precede the event. The calendar is set up more for 'must be there' meetings rather than 'remind me to do this' type entries. I find it a big hole in what I was used to with my Palm calendar.

The Missed Call application will eventually (I assume) give this functionality, but presently it does not work on the calendar (the one thing I need). It apparently will give repeating alerts on SMS, phone, etc.

A workaround is the RemindMe program by shipit solutions. This is a stanalone reminder program, and does NOT put its entries in the calendar. It will allow alerts that repeat until acknowledged, and it allows recurring events daily, weekly, monthly. On my Milestone, I have to be careful to respond to an alert only in landscape mode, because if I respond in portrait, and switch to landscape to use the keyboard, it appears to make a duplicate entry. Other than that, it does the job for me until Missed Call is working as it should.

Frank.