Slow homescreen

Georgedaballa

Reaction score
So every since i switch to cyanogenmod my homescreen has been really slow. Everytime i come out of a application and come to the homescreen all the widgets and shortcuts load and it takes a couple seconds or more and it gets really annoying. This happens to me with every launcher stock, adw, and laucherpro. It even happens when im running 1ghz. Also when i click the launcher all the apps start loading and takes like 5 seconds for me to click on a app.

Anyone know the problem?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
It's called a redraw and all 2.2 ROMs (even stock) suffer from it to some degree. Enable compcache if your kernel supports it, tell ADW to stay persistent in memory, wipe your data cache in SPRecovery/ClockworkMod Recovery, and clear your Dalvik cache. All of these will help with but might not prevent redraws.

kevdog

Reaction score
Ill add my two cents for what it is worth -- The hack worked for me as well. And I'm grateful.

Z

ZeroBarrier

Not originally my own mod/hack; but you are all welcome. ;P

brochaos

Reaction score
that hack didn't improve things for me either. but my problems were basically already fixed. ZERO redraws with ADW. ONLY redraws on LP with keyboard position change while in program and taking it out of a dock. in both cases, keep in memory, portrait only, and compcache enabled.

xoluvsdance12

Reaction score
that hack didn't improve things for me either. but my problems were basically already fixed. ZERO redraws with ADW. ONLY redraws on LP with keyboard position change while in program and taking it out of a dock. in both cases, keep in memory, portrait only, and compcache enabled.

Wait what is compcache? I keep hearing about it and I tried googling it but I couldn't find exactly what it was...how do you enable it?