My Droid is being incredibly slow. Suggestions?

Chawy

Reaction score
My droid is being super slow for the first time. I've had it for 3 months and never had problems and now all of a sudden its slowing down. Is it a memory problem? Do I need to download something?

Everytime I press an app it takes alot longer to load than usual, and when I close out an app it takes a lot longer to load my homescreen as well. I only see my background for like 5 seconds, then my apps finally come up on the screen

Any suggestions will be appreciated, I'm kind of new with this smart phone stuff.

Thanks

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
any new apps youve downloaded recently? this may be the cause of it all

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you haven't done so already, reboot it. If that doesn't speed things up then do a battery pull for a full 30 seconds. If that still doesn't work do a factory data reset in your privacy settings. That definitely will fix it.

OP
C

Chawy

Reaction score
Ok I'll try both. Thanks a bunch!

OP
C

Chawy

Reaction score
If you haven't done so already, reboot it. If that doesn't speed things up then do a battery pull for a full 30 seconds. If that still doesn't work do a factory data reset in your privacy settings. That definitely will fix it.

This helped bunches! Thanks to everyone who posted :)

cavaliercarey

Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing. Did you have to pull the battery? I'm rebooting now....

slinky

Reaction score
I have the same problem. It began with the 2.1 update, after which I began to see a gradual slowing down of everything, sometimes more than others. Added nothing new. Did all the usuals such as complete reboot, etc. Only thing left might be to try one last thing - wipe everything and restore to new and reinstall everything. Unfortunately, the Droid makes this an insanely nervous process as there is no way to backup and restore the entire phone in one shot, easily. Even so, hard to tell if any corruption or - another thought - there are problems with the SD card, which might require wiping that too.

Or this may just be a general problem with 2.1 and some combo of apps yet to be discovered. Good luck. if it changes I'll let you know.