Slip cases for the droid

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I bought this one , very flimsy and hard to slide phone in , don't bother , not worth the ridiculous shipping price they charge ($7) .
Out of ten stars I would give it a 2 at best .

i actually have this exact same thing (sort of) that i was using for a while. it's an original 30g Zune suede sleeve.. has a little drawstring at the tp and everything.. it was cool, but i wouldn't have bought one.. i just had it laying around.

Vazguard

Reaction score
I was looking for a slipcase, and your post reminded me that I have a Zune pouch too. Unless I find something I like I guess that will suffice.

pwjone1

Reaction score
I have a Senna Ultraslim, essentially a leather slip case, looks like:

tan.jpg

I am pretty happy with it, it's not a huge amount of protection, but good enough for putting in the pocket (LCD screen towards my leg), and I have to say the quality of the leather and the fit are top notch. It kind of molds to the phone with just a little use. Not terribly cheap, but you kind of get what you pay for. The image I've shown is Tan, but mine is Black, showed Tan so you could see the details better. Comes in about 12 colors. A lot of cases don't come quite up to the top of the Droid, this one does. Fits like a glove.

droidzer

Reaction score
Case Logic I got at Target fits perfectly, but the charging port is not accessible, good enough for me as my primary use of the case is protection while in my pocket. They have 2 slim sizes that look alike however one is slimmer than the other. Get the larger one.

Price: $19.99
Item: CLP403SPH

No problems with display turning on, I think people are just accidentally hitting the power button to activate the screen, I tried moving the phone around the magnet but it didn't turn on.

Awefully similar to mine that i got from PDair
PDair Leather Case for Motorola Milestone A855 - Horizontal Pouch Type (Black) by PDair - PDair.com

main difference is probably leather on mine is a bit softer, charging port is accessible, and different locking system, yours is hidden strong magnet?

Cheers

pwjone1

Reaction score
Case Logic I got at Target fits perfectly, but the charging port is not accessible, good enough for me as my primary use of the case is protection while in my pocket. They have 2 slim sizes that look alike however one is slimmer than the other. Get the larger one.

No problems with display turning on, I think people are just accidentally hitting the power button to activate the screen, I tried moving the phone around the magnet but it didn't turn on.

PDair Leather Case for Motorola Milestone A855 - Horizontal Pouch Type (Black) by PDair - PDair.com

main difference is probably leather on mine is a bit softer, charging port is accessible, and different locking system, yours is hidden strong magnet?

Cheers

I had two questions, about the PDair, perhaps you could answer:

1. How "tight" is the case on the phone - easy or hard to get out?
  2. How protective is the case on the side of the phone?

I had tried out a Cellet case, early on, and it was a similar affair to the PDair, kind of a wrap around leather piece, with stretch fabric sides. It was really made for the iPhone, which is thinner and shorter than the Droid, so ulitmately I threw it on the shelf, and got something else. Just too hard to get out. It looks like they've come out with a newer variant of the case, and specifically list the Droid, see:

LBERP_T1.jpg

Cellet® Products :: Chargers, Cases, Proguards, Charms, Skins

But at least in their picture, it looks kind of short, still, not covering fully at the top. On my earlier variant, the protection/coverage on the sides wasn't all that great. Front and back, bottom, all were fine. Looking at the PDair, it kind of looks like a similar arrangement:

3BMODDVX1_5.jpg

PDair Leather Case for Motorola Droid - Vertical Pouch Type (Black) by PDair - PDair.com

but it looks like it fits the phone a bit better. The Cellet leather wasn't all that bad, but from the reviews I've seen, the PDair sounds like it uses better materials, and of course it's more $s. But for any vertical pouch, a key question is how long it takes to get it out (when the phone's ringing, you want to answer it, and you lose a second or two over say a holster, for it being in a pocket). Hence the question on how hard the PDair is to get out of the case. You really have to have the case, and used it enough that it's worn in, to answer that question.

barbee

Reaction score
+1 fpr the G1 case. not to slick not too grippy and fits the droid perfectly.

and the best thing, i got mine for $2.99 on ebay. shipping INCLUDED

pwjone1

Reaction score
+1 fpr the G1 case. not to slick not too grippy and fits the droid perfectly.

and the best thing, i got mine for $2.99 on ebay. shipping INCLUDED

I have a G1 GT case, and it was certainly a good buy out on eBay. It's made of fairly grippable material, soft interior material, among the best soft pouches (which makes the price even more amazing), but, it is slightly small on the Droid. It needs to be a few mm longer. You can mitigate somewhat by facing the phone backwards in the case, screen towards the back. The gap at the top is a little wide, also. There is a Sharp soft slip case that's also on eBay, that's larger, but that's ironically a bit too large, still it's more protective, although the materials are nowhere as good as the GT slip case (particularly the interior, the GT tends to clean the screen, the Sharp does not). There are some HTC cases out on eBay, but mostly those are on the short side. Frankly, I've not seen a soft pouch case for the Droid that's as good as the HTC phones generally come with (for free). What would be nice, is if the GTMax folks made a soft case specific for the Droid.

Here's the GTMax web site:

GTMax Limited

If anyone is curious. I could not find the soft case there, so they may have stopped making it, mostly rubber stuff now.

JonCor2577

Reaction score
I ordered this case: Woodland Smartphone Vertical Case For Motorola - Motorola Droid A855 - Cases - Fommy.com

It was supposed to be here yesterday, but FedEx has declared yet ANOTHER package 'incorrect address' for me. This is the second time I've had to call them up and convince them my address exists, and their driver is just a lazy moron.

I won't be choosing FedEx as my delivery service from now on.

Do you think this case will work with a seidio innocase on the droid?

LouD

Reaction score
Anyone found a droid case that also holds glasses? Best I came up with is thisbut I have no idea how well it will work with a droid plus the oversized battery pack.

cuskit

Reaction score
Anyone found a droid case that also holds glasses? Best I came up with is thisbut I have no idea how well it will work with a droid plus the oversized battery pack.
Wow. That's a tall order you're looking for! The Droid is not exactly a "slim jim" compared to many regular cellphones. I'd imagine a case to facilitate this would be approaching a purse size! Especially with an extended battery..

Those are nice cases you linked - would have been nice back in my "pre-smartphone" days.. ;) mike

LouD

Reaction score
Which case for eyeglasses and a Droid?

In answer to my own question posted earlier, I ordered one of these bad boys and it arrived yesterday. Plenty of room for the Droid + glasses, and it should even accommodate the oversized battery pack. The advertised zipper compartment in the back is a little hard to get at and pretty useless for its stated purpose, money and credit cards. However, it is just the ticket for a spare USB cable and earbuds, maybe even a mini-charger.
lif2.jpg

I'll post my own pictures when I get the Seido battery pack.

The Droid fits loosely in the front compartment. With the velcro closed, however, you can hold it upside down and shake it, and the Droid stay put.

If you've never used 'em before, might also want to check out the computer glasses from the same vendor. Basically they set the focus distance of the specs at arm's length rather than reading glass length, so you don't have to hunch over your laptop. I have a custom-made progressive set for reading and PC use, and they're real useful.

monsterman

Reaction score

Cheers

I had two questions, about the PDair, perhaps you could answer:

1. How "tight" is the case on the phone - easy or hard to get out?
  2. How protective is the case on the side of the phone?

I had tried out a Cellet case, early on, and it was a similar affair to the PDair, kind of a wrap around leather piece, with stretch fabric sides. It was really made for the iPhone, which is thinner and shorter than the Droid, so ulitmately I threw it on the shelf, and got something else. Just too hard to get out. It looks like they've come out with a newer variant of the case, and specifically list the Droid, see:

LBERP_T1.jpg

Cellet® Products :: Chargers, Cases, Proguards, Charms, Skins

But at least in their picture, it looks kind of short, still, not covering fully at the top. On my earlier variant, the protection/coverage on the sides wasn't all that great. Front and back, bottom, all were fine. Looking at the PDair, it kind of looks like a similar arrangement:

3BMODDVX1_5.jpg

PDair Leather Case for Motorola Droid - Vertical Pouch Type (Black) by PDair - PDair.com

but it looks like it fits the phone a bit better. The Cellet leather wasn't all that bad, but from the reviews I've seen, the PDair sounds like it uses better materials, and of course it's more $s. But for any vertical pouch, a key question is how long it takes to get it out (when the phone's ringing, you want to answer it, and you lose a second or two over say a holster, for it being in a pocket). Hence the question on how hard the PDair is to get out of the case. You really have to have the case, and used it enough that it's worn in, to answer that question.

this>
LBERP_T1.jpg

case is on the small side and if you have a hard case on your phone you will not be able to get it in and out. My friend just got this and i have a deck of playing cards and some credit cards stuffed in it trying to stretch it out a bit. It is also not the greatest of quality.