PDair Droid Slip Case Much Too Tight

eagle132

Reaction score
I ordered the PDair slip case (without clip, LINK HERE) about a month ago after seeing quite a few good reviews, and knowing I wanted a good leather slip case. It took about 3 weeks to a month to get to me unfortunately, which I was not pleased with, but when I got it, I could tell it was good quality. However, the case does not exactly seem to be made for a droid. It is an incredibly tight fit for the phone (my phone has no screen protectors or anything). It is the correct height, but it is VERY hard to get the phone out of the case. It usually takes me about 10 seconds or pulling and tugging while trying not to break or scratch the sides of the phone.

Also, because it's being so rudely tugged out of the tight case, the battery plate almost always gets pulled off and flies to the ground. It really isn't acceptable.

I've tried stuffing the case with materials to stretch it, it's sat for quite a few days being stretch to its max, but still is just way too tight. The problem with stretching is that the case's sides are elastic, not leather, so they don't really maintain the stretch.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
OP
E

eagle132

Reaction score
Well I guess I'm the only one. That is very unfortunate. PDair hasn't responded to my email yet.

OP
E

eagle132

Reaction score
A positive update to this thread, just in case anyone cared. I made a quick youtube video showing just how freakin tight the PDair slip case was on my droid, demonstrating how I could barely get it in or out and it ripping my battery cover off.

2ish days later PDair emailed me saying they were sending me another case! I got the second one in about a week, compared to the first one's 3 weeks. It fits quite well, I am very happy with it. They must have sent me the wrong case originally, because it fits an iPhone perfectly. I'll probably give it to a friend who has an iPhone.

Anyway, was an annoying process, but PDair's customer service succeeded in giving me the product they promised, even if it took a bit longer than it should have. And I got a free iPhone case out of it all.

So, if you want a quality leather slip case, I'd still recommend PDair, just maybe send them a note with your order making sure they test the case to fit a droid before they ship it!