Slingbox coming to Android tomorrow (06/21)

rjsurfer

Reaction score
I have the Classic Slingbox and it works with the Droid.

Some of the features don't work such as putting in an individual channel number and have it go directly to that channel but all in all it works great for me.

the best ap for the Droid

Ron W.

ThemApples

Reaction score
I have the Classic Slingbox and it works with the Droid.

Some of the features don't work such as putting in an individual channel number and have it go directly to that channel but all in all it works great for me.

the best ap for the Droid

Ron W.

Thank you Ron W, much appreciated!

ThemApples

Reaction score
Got home and downloaded Sling Mobile for use with my Slingbox AV. Took a matter of seconds before it was up and running on my phone. All it requested when I started the app was for me to log in using my slingbox username and password, then it was on from there.

I can see that some of the features probably won't be workable in this app but for what I need it for, it's great!

ThemApples dancedroid

rjsurfer

Reaction score
Got home and downloaded Sling Mobile for use with my Slingbox AV. Took a matter of seconds before it was up and running on my phone. All it requested when I started the app was for me to log in using my slingbox username and password, then it was on from there.

I can see that some of the features probably won't be workable in this app but for what I need it for, it's great!

ThemApples dancedroid

ThemApples,

When you get a chance get back to us with some of the options that do and don't work, in case some of us aren't working the Ap right.

Ron W.

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
hey guys, so let me get this straight, ive never had any slingbox things, i have a charter cable at home and no box just directly through the tv. This app wont work for me?

rjsurfer

Reaction score
hey guys, so let me get this straight, ive never had any slingbox things, i have a charter cable at home and no box just directly through the tv. This app wont work for me?

You need a Slingbox ($125-$150) in order for the app to work.

Ron W.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Just picked up the Slingbox HD and we have AT&T U-Verse. TV is hooked up to the box via HDMI, am I correct in assuming that the Slingbox is hooked up to the RCA plug-in for HD? Does the U-verse signal go directly from the wall to the Slingbox or to the U-verse box. Thanks for the help.